NY developer isn't afraid to speak his mind about the President

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
and I don't mean, "President-Elect!"

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/26/paladino-comments-raise-questions-developers-political-future/

Carl Paladino is a NY developer, and is a Buffalo NY School Board member. He speaks his mind, seemingly not caring about what his remarks mean to others. To call his speech "politically-incorrect" is not strong-enough.

Paladino, who narrowly won re-election to another three-year term on the School Board this year, has indicated at various times that he might not serve a full term because he wants to run for governor in 2018. He was co-chairman for Trump’s New York State campaign and earlier this month, after an audience with Trump, Paladino said he was open to taking on a role in the administration if the right opportunity presented itself. “We talked about that. He knows,” Paladino said. “But I would have to have something to get my teeth into and be engaged. Otherwise, I’ve got a good job.”

He contributed some remarks to a local media outlet in western NY (Artvoice) and they drew immediate criticism.

There are nearly 20,000 signatures on at least three online petitions calling for the removal of Carl P. Paladino from the Buffalo School Board. The developer’s most recent inflammatory remarks have caught attention across the nation, including from celebrity chef Mario Batali. His own son and the transition team for President-elect Donald J. Trump have taken a stand against his comments.

Western New Yorkers are used to hearing about Paladino’s inflammatory comments . But the turmoil surrounding his latest remarks took on a life of its own, fueled by the power of social media and a tense national climate following the presidential election.

Attention around this latest instance in same ways beat By the time Artvoice published last week the comments Paladino made in a year end survey – saying he wished death by mad cow disease upon President Barack Obama and wanted First Lady Michelle Obama to be “let loose in the outback of Zimbabwe where she lives comfortably in a cave with Maxie, the gorilla” – the developer was already on a national stage poised for scrutiny from some of the country’s largest media outlets, including The New York Times, Washington Post and CNN.

Conjecture has it that Paladino may be offered a high-ranking Cabinet post.

Paladino is the biggest asshole in our local political scene. Think what you like about the Obamas, what that piece of garbage Paladino said was racist, unnecessary, rude, and only showed what a total asshole he's been for a long time. He's getting lambasted by both sides of the political spectrum here and all over the country.

If anyone on this forum actually agrees with this crap, do me a favor and ignore me from here on. I'd rather not deal with people like you.

The shit Paladino wrote went WAY beyond what you mentioned Fire-Medic... I'm not accusing you of being a racist, not at all... Perhaps if people actually take the time to look up and read Paladinos complete remarks, they would see what kind of 'man' he truly is. Even Trumpfs people have distanced themselves from him, seeing the kind of people Trumpfs surrounding himself with, that says a lot...

Paladino is the biggest asshole in our local political scene. Think what you like about the Obamas, what that piece of garbage Paladino said was racist, unnecessary, rude, and only showed what a total asshole he's been for a long time. He's getting lambasted by both sides of the political spectrum here and all over the country.

If anyone on this forum actually agrees with this crap, do me a favor and ignore me from here on. I'd rather not deal with people like you.

Imma agree with you on this one. I passionately dislike the Obamas, but countering with needless douchbaggery is over the top. I think that sort of thing flies a whole lot further on the east coast than it would here in the middle. No time for what this guy has to offer.

Very unfortunate that this guy has said these things. I try to stay away from the political stuff, but this person has a 'bully pulpit' from-which to speak, and he's just wrong to use it.

Imma agree with you on this one. I passionately dislike the Obamas, but countering with needless douchbaggery is over the top. I think that sort of thing flies a whole lot further on the east coast than it would here in the middle. No time for what this guy has to offer.

Very unfortunate that this guy has said these things. I try to stay away from the political stuff, but this person has a 'bully pulpit' from-which to speak, and he's just wrong to use it.

I love it when guys like this invoke their constitutionally protected right to free speech. Any disrespect of race, ethnicity, religion or lifestyle is quite a tell and I'm happy when they feel free to illuminate themselves like this. They serve as a great example, plus we know who to avoid doing business with.

I watched the video without reading the article it was in, I was focusing on his words and displacement in this video only without regard to his deplorable press release. Two things are readily apparent about the video interview only.

1. He did not present misinformation or unfair commentary about Obama/progressive movement. Angry, yes, but not unfair. Although he did touch on race I think he was very careful too not say what he was really thinking. He is also correct about the label "racism" being frequently and incorrectly used in lieu of a coherent argument. It's a very poor tactic but there are many that will suck that cock every time it gets whipped out.

2. Yes, he does have venom in his voice. You can hear the vitriol bubbling and seething under the surface, it's literally visible on his face. Now when I consider the video along with his press release it's perfectly clear what this guy is. Him in any position of power is unfortunate. I'm guessing he would not have many mourners if he slipped off a subway platform and got churned into chunky salsa. There really is no room for his style of contempt and hate in our current society. Political correctness is counterproductive but so is his brand of hate that PC seeks to counter.

I'm guessing he would not have many mourners if he slipped off a subway platform and got churned into chunky salsa.

That's where your off a bit. The latest Comments aside, He's very well liked and respected by about 45% (the right) of the western NY area. The other 55% (the left) hate him. Sound like anyone else we know. If I remember correctly, you made ruffly the same diagnoses on that guy too.

That's where your off a bit. The latest Comments aside, He's very well liked and respected by about 45% (the right) of the western NY area. The other 55% (the left) hate him. Sound like anyone else we know. If I remember correctly, you made ruffly the same diagnoses on that guy too.

Yup, your right. Of course the first guy I believe suffers from a twist of schizophrenia whereas this guy is just an unadulterated asshole with a Kanye West-esque lack of class. It would seem that both the right and the left have plenty to be ashamed of.

Yup, your right. Of course the first guy I believe suffers from a twist of schizophrenia whereas this guy is just an unadulterated asshole with a Kanye West-esque lack of class. It would seem that both the right and the left have plenty to be ashamed of.

Nice Kanye reference :eusa_dance: Although I don't know if reaching Kanye-esque is humanly attainable.

Back