OEM Keys

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyglass

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I couldn't find anything specific here.

What is the point of this ridiculous key?

Keys.jpg

The manual seems to indicate both the normal size black and the large round black key are identical in function.

Is this actually the case? If so, why the excessively large round monstrosity?

Manual Keys.jpg

Both black keys seem to work the same for me as they both turn on the ignition.

Unfortunately, the manual also says not to keep them on the same ring, which is how they were stored before I got them, as per the picture.

Manual Keys 2.jpg

I've now got them separate, but will this have caused any problems?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Keys.jpg
    Keys.jpg
    825 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I couldn't find anything specific here.

What is the point of this ridiculous key?
It's basically for 'show' as it also originally came with a matching 'container' to store it in.
The manual seems to indicate both the normal size black and the large round black key are identical in function.

Is this actually the case? If so, why the excessively large round monstrosity?
Same, same and see above.
Both black keys seem to work the same for me as they both turn on the ignition.

Unfortunately, the manual also says not to keep them on the same ring, which is how they were stored before I got them, as per the picture.

I've not got them separate, but will this have caused any problems?
No problems whatsoever...there's no chip in either key and, given that they "ridiculous key" has it's own storage holder is likely why they stated the above. Marketing fluff.

Latest posts

Back