Okay to use radiator flush?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPure

Reaction score
Did a search and couldn't find anything so... is it okay to use radiator flush in the cooling system when doing a flush, or are you just supposed to use water only? The flush that I got says it's okay to use with aluminum, but I don't know about everything else it contacts in the cooling system.
Thanks,

Dale

I have used a flush but many recommend using regular white vinegar and water (50/50). Supposedly is easier on the aluminum. I don't think you would have any problems if using a flush that states it is ok for aluminum engines and you follow the instructions to the letter.

Forgot to add. Use 50/50 mix of DISTILLED water and coolant.

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I'll go out now and do it!!

Dale

An update after using the radiator flush. Bike ran fine temp-wise after the flush, so it took care of that problem. However, with 24,xxx miles and 23 years of accumulated crud being flushed out, I have 3 leaks that I did'nt notice before. One from the drain valve, one from the t-stat cover, and one from the water pump right out of the weep hole. I will have to assume that everything would have been fine if the bike didn't have so many miles on it or the seals and all were fresh. I don't know any history on this bike, but I do know it's been worked on before. So far I'm not impressed with the previous work. A couple of the sealing surfaces where the o-rings go are pitted fairly deep. Thinking about filling the pits with ultra grey and letting it set up. Any problem with doing that?

later,
Dale

Latest posts

Back