One carb not reacting to mixture changes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
I adjusted the A/F mixture today since I was smelling gas coming from the exhaust, all were set to 3.5 turns so I did put everything back to 2.5 and will observe the plugs but the smell is almost gone and the bike seems smooth.

During the changes, I noticed the right side (carb 3-4) is more responsive to changes at idle. The left side quite less ... :ummm:
Carb 3 was not reacting as much as the others.

Those differences made me wondering if that was normal. I guess a different float level could explain it but not sure.

What do you think guys ?

None of my carbs react to the a/f screw and my idle is never smooth so i have ordered new rubber plugs to go in the jet blocks, thinking that the hard plugs could be leaking fuel un-metered into the jet block. I will let you know if they help.

:hmmm: I would suspect an idle circuit that particularly needs a pea shot

They were fully cleaned up and sync few weeks ago, but I will consider doing another synch soon. Doesn't hurt to double check.

None of my carbs react to the a/f screw and my idle is never smooth so i have ordered new rubber plugs to go in the jet blocks, thinking that the hard plugs could be leaking fuel un-metered into the jet block. I will let you know if they help.

i have tried to mess with my af screws and seems i can only get 1 to make my bike stumble. Is the af screw not making it stumble an indicator that the rubber in the jet block could be bad? sorry Diablotin dont mean to hijack. im sure someone will be on in the morning to give more inputs. Rhoy did you change them out yet? -Rob-

Not yet my sync gauges are at a friends house on the other side of houston. When I get them back will put the new rubber plugs in and post the results.

plus 2 on the sync. I always sync at 1000, adjust a/f, reset idle speed to 1100, then check sync again off idle . That's what works for me.
steve-O

Did the plugs resolve the AF reaction issue?

Back