Our newest foster kid.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
One of our foster kids got adopted today.

jethro petography.jpg
This is Jethro.

It's so sad seeing them go. I wanted to keep him forever.
He's just a pup, 4 months old, and is 15kg.
I fed him a whole bag full of jelly beans before they came to look at him, but they still took him.

Keep up the good work man, we need more people like you :) He's going to a good home at least, even so it can be very hard to let them go. I myself adopted a border collie/golden retriever (Maggie) mix about 2 years ago to give Cesar (my yellow lab) a companion. When we got her she was this tiny thing scared of it's own shadow. It was amazing to see how she transformed and became best buddies with Cesar (the two were inseperable). Unfortunatelly, I recently had to put my 9 year old lab to sleep, his health issues finally got the best of him and we had to let him go (we almost lost him twice before so we knew this day was coming) - hardest thing I had to do, it's like loosing a friend.

Here's few pictures. They were inseperable, they even missbehaved together :) Unfortunatelly Cesar (yellow lab) is no longer with us but Maggie is putting a smile on my face on daily basis.

Attachments

• 2011-09-01 17.38.46.jpg
    2011-09-01 17.38.46.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 2011-09-29 16.27.00.jpg
    2011-09-29 16.27.00.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 2011-10-01 15.25.36.jpg
    2011-10-01 15.25.36.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 24
Baz,
The wife and I had a pet house rabbit for a few years. During that time we got a rep as an impromptu bunny rescue. We had our own little guy and 2 foster rabbits at one time. Eventually we found an actual rabbit rescue who took them, but it was still sad to see them go even though we knew we weren't equipped to give homes to that many pets.

wow jethro is a beautiful pup, no wonder someone snatched him up.
Wish i could foster like you, but i would never be able to give them up...

wow jethro is a beautiful pup, no wonder someone snatched him up.
Wish i could foster like you, but i would never be able to give them up...

Same here. My place is like a roach motel for dogs. They check in but they don't check out.....instead they live out their days chasing squirrels in the yard, sleeping on the bed, having their own chair in the family room and going for rides in the truck as often as I can manage.

Back