Out Early on a Friday Afternoon.......Priceless!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
I'm on summer hours and get my 40 in by 2:00 on Fridays and get to blow out "early". Had Danny meet me for another Friday excursion. This time we did about 70 miles through northwestern Massachusetts and hooked a left into NY state after riding our Max's to the top of Mt. Greylock, highest elevation in MA. at 3500ft. Windy day down below and even windier up top. Got blown off my feet once or twice. A couple of pics below.......

photo3-1.jpg

Above: Danny in an action pose pointing out where we are on this pretty cool bronze?? 3D terrain map of the mountain and immediate area.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

A couple of shots of the War Memorial for MA. veterans. You walk up to the top and see a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire area for miles and miles........Naturally us old bastards passed on walking up all those steps and hung around down below for a while before moving on. I also must have gotten lazy cause I didn't take any more photos besides these. I'm fired!

This was a great day on the bikes, weather was warm but not real obnoxious and up on Greylock we were very happy to have our jackets on.

Can't wait for the next Friday excursion...Mike knows the area and all the good places to ride!

Sounds like fun guys! I wish I had your roads to ride on then the shoulders of my tires would get some wear! :eusa_dance:
Looking good Dan-o!:punk:

Thanks Brian! Next time you're out this way we'll do that Greylock run, it's beautiful! And yes, your sidewalls get a workout....hairpins and 15 & 20 mph turns by the dozens!

I don't think we were above the timberline, but it couldn't have been much higher.....the trees were getting real stunted and knarly! I wanted to hack one down and count the growth rings but being as every blade of grass up there is protected by the Mass Parks Comm. Mike thought it was a good idea to leave them alone!! :biglaugh:

Sounds like fun guys! I wish I had your roads to ride on then the shoulders of my tires would get some wear! :eusa_dance:
Looking good Dan-o!:punk:

you just need to find your way out of the UP... come on out to CO ;]

it's only about 1500 miles to get here, then you can twist and turn all over the place :eusa_dance:

I'm on summer hours and get my 40 in by 2:00 on Fridays and get to blow out "early". Had Danny meet me for another Friday excursion. This time we did about 70 miles through northwestern Massachusetts and hooked a left into NY state after riding our Max's to the top of Mt. Greylock, highest elevation in MA. at 3500ft. Windy day down below and even windier up top. Got blown off my feet once or twice. A couple of pics below.......

photo3-1.jpg

Above: Danny in an action pose pointing out where we are on this pretty cool bronze?? 3D terrain map of the mountain and immediate area.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

A couple of shots of the War Memorial for MA. veterans. You walk up to the top and see a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire area for miles and miles........Naturally us old bastards passed on walking up all those steps and hung around down below for a while before moving on. I also must have gotten lazy cause I didn't take any more photos besides these. I'm fired!
AT FIRST , I THOUGHT YOU GUY'S HAD TRANQUILIZED AN ELEPHANT & DANNY WAS TAGGING ITS EAR ! .. :rofl_200:

you just need to find your way out of the UP... come on out to CO ;]

it's only about 1500 miles to get here, then you can twist and turn all over the place :eusa_dance:
I have been up through the mountains from the Colorado Springs to Pagosa Springs to Breckenridge and would love to ride through those mountains. I also want to go back to Washington to ride the Cascades/ Olympic peninsula/ Oregon areas (Att'n: Kenny!).
I have never ridden a motorcycle through those areas and is most of my motivation for buying a FJR. I like my Vmax but I think I'd want a little better long distance mount to get to those areas from Michigan, no trailer queens for me!

Latest posts

Back