Pickup drives through crowd of motorcycles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If one of the bikers had been carrying a firearm, he could have stopped the assault with a deadly weapon - The Truck!
The driver, if caught, should be charged with attempted murder....

Wow, plenty of stupidity to go around there. Taking on a truck isn't a winnable battle. Someone could have gotten killed. The driver of the truck was confrontational for sure. But, going after him in a pack shifts the blame around. They had video and witness verification to prosecute the driver. That might have been a better way to go. The comments under that video are some interesting reading and tell a lot about the attitude of cagers toward us as a whole. I'm not big on riding in that big of a pack, but I'll ride with you guys at Thunder or anywhere else, anytime. We don't have these types of confrontations when we ride. Just fun!
Steve-o

Obviously we don't know the whole story or who's at fault, but if I were in that same situation in my truck, I'd have probably done worse. 30 or 40 guys coming at me and blockading me is not a situation you come out on top of. If the bikers are mad at him, call the cops. The way I see it, no matter how the situation originally arose, at the point he had to drive through them to get away safely, it's become self defense. I've had a group of 4 sport bike riders try something similar with me after they ran a red light and almost hit me. I had to ride to the police office to get rid of them.

Obviously we don't know the whole story or who's at fault, but if I were in that same situation in my truck, I'd have probably done worse. 30 or 40 guys coming at me and blockading me is not a situation you come out on top of. If the bikers are mad at him, call the cops. The way I see it, no matter how the situation originally arose, at the point he had to drive through them to get away safely, it's become self defense. I've had a group of 4 sport bike riders try something similar with me after they ran a red light and almost hit me. I had to ride to the police office to get rid of them.

Im with you on this one. They can thank whatever diety they warship that it wasnt me in the truck, I live minutes from Sturgis so its never a mystery to me why cagers hate us, even when Im riding I avoid other cyclists.

I'm with the do what you have to do to protect yourself crowd. When I was 18 a friend and I were in his truck parked at a small theater in my home town. There was a Burger King across the street. I caught some motion out of the corner of my eye and looked up to 15 guys running across the street coming for us. My soon to be former friend aka(the pussy) didn't do a thing despite my very active encouragement to hit the gas and let them scatter. We got pulled out of the truck and I got worked over pretty good. Luckily my brother and a few of his friends happened to be driving by and stepped in before things got to serious. Turned out to be a case of duh we thought you guys were someone else. Had I been in the drivers seat things would have turned out very differently. Took a couple of years but I never forgot the guys that held me or the two that took turns. .......What comes around goes around. Moral of the story screw getting jumped by a group of cro magnums.

Back