Recommended Jets / Needles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the world of VMAX and love it, I have had my MAX for about 3 weeks and will probably own one for life.

The 2000 I just bought has a K&N filter and UFO Drag star slash cut exhaust on it.

I am wondering what the recommended jets and needles with this set up are on it. I have not dug into the carb syet to investigate but would like to be prepared when I do.

thanks in advance, this forum rocks.

Either no kit with smaller mains, or the stage seven or even our Muscle Jet kit (many will tell you they like our kit)

Update. I dug into the carbs a little bit and am pretty sure it has stage 1 based off what the needles look like compared to the picture in the carb section sticky.

But I also found two problems and created one of my own (thanks Kyle for helping me through email last night):
1. A needle jet brass screw must have come loose and came out as I can see the needle jet (pictured)
2. One of the previous owners must have wanted more power and jerry rigged the VBOOST wide open with some wire (also pictured). I never really felt the VBOOST like I thought but it was still plenty of go.
3. Lost the little clip on the needle for one of the diaphragms, trying to be careful but it went flying. (Sean was sending me a clutch cover gasket the today so it worked out good that he could send a clip too - thanks Sean).

I got the VBOOST jerry rig wire out and after starting it up there was an immediate change. First it didn't sound like a top fuel dragster any more ( I am assuming due to the VBOOST not being wide open all the time), I miss that awesome sound but I think my neighbors are more happy. Performance has decreased as well but I am not riding it any more, just had to have a short ride) until I get the needle clip installed and the carb off to get the needle jet screw back in.

That will be the project for the weekend.....I know I will be referring to the forum and will probably have some questions for the SMEs here.

Thanks again for this great forum, you are all true professionals and always willing to help.

Chuck

Attachments

• needle jet brass screw protrusion.jpg
    needle jet brass screw protrusion.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 39
  • vboost jerry rig.jpg
    vboost jerry rig.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38
Back