refresh my memory please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I had to push start the ol gal, what should the voltage be at idle? im getting 13.4-13.6 I know these charging systems are not very robust on the old maxes ( 85 ) but I think mines crapping out. PS, I soldered the crimp connection a long time ago.

Shorthair888........

If your getting that voltage at idle I would say it's working good, have your battery tested, could also be a key off current draw too, what were the circumstances?...................Tom.

If your getting that voltage at idle I would say it's working good, have your battery tested, could also be a key off current draw too, what were the circumstances?...................Tom.

Circumstances were---Bike runs and starts great, went about 20 miles outside of town, stopped for a coffin nail and she wouldnt hardly turn over when I went to leave.. had to push start it. put it on charger over night and its been running and starting great ever since. ( just useing it in town-stop & go running errands kind of stuff.
Put new bat in a couple months ago, not a key off draw cuz i just went out and statrted it after sitting for three days and it cranks over great.

P.S. last month or so engine has been intermitently cutting out ever so slightly ( skipping ) but ONLY @ a very high rpm range, something you would only notice if you were raceing it.

Circumstances were---Bike runs and starts great, went about 20 miles outside of town, stopped for a coffin nail and she wouldnt hardly turn over when I went to leave.. had to push start it. put it on charger over night and its been running and starting great ever since. ( just useing it in town-stop & go running errands kind of stuff.
Put new bat in a couple months ago, not a key off draw cuz i just went out and statrted it after sitting for three days and it cranks over great.

P.S. last month or so engine has been intermitently cutting out ever so slightly ( skipping ) but ONLY @ a very high rpm range, something you would only notice if you were raceing it.

Battery connections are very good.

Back