Removing lower black paint on scoops.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remeber Me

Reaction score
I personally don't like the lower black paint on the scoops. Is there a simple way to do this yourself? If not can you get it done anywhere (what do you ask for)? Or, do you have to buy them predone (where?)

Can you get Ferropro Muckoff Graffiti Remover? It contains methyl-2-pyrrolidone and will strip anything except anodizing. Local hardware store should have it. It's cheap, and rinses off with water.

There's always chrome!! I try to keep them on hand for immediate shipment but sometimes run low on cores.

Sean Morley

Attachments

• Erin Chrome 2.jpg
    Erin Chrome 2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 59
Can you get Ferropro Muckoff Graffiti Remover? It contains methyl-2-pyrrolidone and will strip anything except anodizing. Local hardware store should have it. It's cheap, and rinses off with water.

Will the finish appear the same after removing the black as the top half or does it need a clear coat or something?

Did it appear any different then the top portion? I'm thinking the top part has a clear coat and that would have to be duplicated on the bottom part.

Mine is an 88 so the entire scoop was black, not just a portion. They needed to be polished afterwards.

Interesting my 88 was bottom half black, top half gray (I think). It is all 1 colour now.

I want to remove the black on mine ... its an 02.. and keep the brushed look.... and what about the gauge dash.... can that be stripped ???... here is an article I found...... thanks to another fan of the Vmax ... hope it helps ...let me know how it turns out...... http://www.geocities.com/am20924/VMaxPolish.html

Back