Rugby League may be coming to a Sports field near you ...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Rugby League may be coming to a Sports Field near you . It seems the National Rugby League (NRL) have set up USA NRL and are currently offering top name players coming off contract to sign up and get on board . Not sure if Russell Crowe (co owner of South Sydney Rabbitohs) is behind this but it was always his intention to take this game to the USA .
The NRL at present is a Professional 16 Team Competition based in Australia with 15 Australian teams and 1 from NZ . This competition is rugged and hard , no helmets etc and those of the american public that have seen some game have followed due to the bute physicality of the game . Any of these 16 teams playing on the day can win as this competition is very close with 12 of last years teams being able to make the play offs with 4 games to go .
Not to mention State of Origin games where the best of the best mate against mate play against each other as players play for the state that they first played Rugby League in - NSW or Queensland and this has gone on to be 1 of the most closest sporting competitions in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_State_of_Origin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzYTcjq5Qg

On Sat night our time there is a NRL Allstars vs Indigenous Allstars pre-season game and i will post the live stream link if you guys want to check it out . :punk:

Yes sir! I would love to watch it! You may want to lay out the field like which team is favored, stars to look for, etc..
When I lived in the Sate of Washington I would watch Rugby and Australian Rules Football, both great sports!:punk:

league is vicious. never played but have watched it. i've only played union. i've played union 7's 10s and 15s and the speed of 7s or 10's is similar but u still have the union tackling/rucking rules.

Rugby League may be coming to a Sports Field near you . It seems the National Rugby League (NRL) have set up USA NRL and are currently offering top name players coming off contract to sign up and get on board . Not sure if Russell Crowe (co owner of South Sydney Rabbitohs) is behind this but it was always his intention to take this game to the USA .
The NRL at present is a Professional 16 Team Competition based in Australia with 15 Australian teams and 1 from NZ . This competition is rugged and hard , no helmets etc and those of the american public that have seen some game have followed due to the bute physicality of the game . Any of these 16 teams playing on the day can win as this competition is very close with 12 of last years teams being able to make the play offs with 4 games to go .
Not to mention State of Origin games where the best of the best mate against mate play against each other as players play for the state that they first played Rugby League in - NSW or Queensland and this has gone on to be 1 of the most closest sporting competitions in the world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_State_of_Origin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzYTcjq5Qg

On Sat night our time there is a NRL Allstars vs Indigenous Allstars pre-season game and i will post the live stream link if you guys want to check it out . :punk:
:punk: oh yaaa

I disagree with the comment about league being "vicious", union is where it's at! A much more fluid game and non-stop action. League is basically a rough game of touch footie. I'm not saying these guys are bad ass people and athletes, but I have a hard time putting league and union in the same class.

I hope to be in New Zealand in for the RWC doing a tour with a team from the states, we went to Oz in 03 and played 5 games and watched 5 world cup games... a great time.. great people, great land, and great games!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8v-qZFVYnc

wtf is rugby

Boiled down, a very rough version of football without pads.

It's pretty popular at a lot of colleges now, espically at mine since my school doesn't have a football team(Clarkson's all about the hockey). No offense against the sport, but it seems a lot of rugby players have this annoying "holier-than-thou" attitude toward other athletes because they have full contact(a lot more than football or hockey), and don't wear any pads. At least at my school whenever posters get put up for intramural hockey, somebody always scribbles something like "don't be a pussy, lose the pads and play rugby", or something to that effect. I gotta give them props for putting up with that kind of abuse, but I have to wonder when I see them getting hurt constantly with injuries that would have been easily preventable with a helmet or shoulder pads. I guess it's the tough-guys-play-rugby image.

I remember seeing something that the "scrum" is the most dangerous moment at any time, in any sport. If it collapses the people in the center=phucked.

hmm, so its a spot to hit each other basically... i mean hell even in wrestling they wear pads and theyre actually fighting each other...

Attachments

• south_park_wow.jpg
    south_park_wow.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 7
Wrestling is tough but Rugby is much more violent. Check this site out for info.

Now what you guys are talking about "Rugby" is rugby union . A game i played growing up . But what im talking about is "Rugby League " .
Dont get me wrong Rugby Union is a fine game but with new rule changes it has now become a kicking game hence become boring and attendence to games and tv ratings over the last 5-6 yrs have been declining .
Rugby League is more physical and a much quicker game hence more intertaining .
Here are some info on both codes , will include the live stream link shortly . :punk:

http://www.rugbyunionrules.com/the_game.html

http://www.therfl.co.uk/about/page.php?areaid=270

Here is the live stream link . For those that cant figure out the time diff it should be around this time tomorrow . :clapping:

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...me-to-be-streamed-live-on-nrlcom/default.aspx

Then to activate click where it says and enjoy .....

Now the players to watch ....

NRL Allstars - Jarrod Hayne (He is almost as quick as a Vmax)
Israel Folau (he is as quick as a Vmax and almost as heavy as 1)
Manu Vatuvei (as long as he catches the ball he will run over anyone .

Cameron Smith (can kick the ball from anywhere for 2 points)
Benji Marshall (simply gifted)

Robbie Farah (he will be at the right place at the right time)

INDIGENOUS ALL STARS- Nathan Merrit (will give roadrunner a run for his $$$)
Wendall Sailer (his dad was a world class cricketer so he was always gonna be good)

Johnathan Thurstan (the best most talented 1 out there)
Sam Thaiday(just a human wrecking machine)

Both of these teams have been hit with injuries but it will promise to be a very hard and physical game . :punk:

I disagree with the comment about league being "vicious", union is where it's at! A much more fluid game and non-stop action. League is basically a rough game of touch footie. I'm not saying these guys are bad ass people and athletes, but I have a hard time putting league and union in the same class.

I hope to be in New Zealand in for the RWC doing a tour with a team from the states, we went to Oz in 03 and played 5 games and watched 5 world cup games... a great time.. great people, great land, and great games!

the vicious comment comes from the tackling rules. some of the brutal hits come from the fact you can just throw yourself without an attempt to wrap in league. both are awesome sports, unfortunately have 4 years i've needed another 4 to rehab half my body.

Boiled down, a very rough version of football without pads.

It's pretty popular at a lot of colleges now, espically at mine since my school doesn't have a football team(Clarkson's all about the hockey). No offense against the sport, but it seems a lot of rugby players have this annoying "holier-than-thou" attitude toward other athletes because they have full contact(a lot more than football or hockey), and don't wear any pads. At least at my school whenever posters get put up for intramural hockey, somebody always scribbles something like "don't be a pussy, lose the pads and play rugby", or something to that effect. I gotta give them props for putting up with that kind of abuse, but I have to wonder when I see them getting hurt constantly with injuries that would have been easily preventable with a helmet or shoulder pads. I guess it's the tough-guys-play-rugby image.

I remember seeing something that the "scrum" is the most dangerous moment at any time, in any sport. If it collapses the people in the center=phucked.

i feel thats it. its not something you can explain. its either you love it or don't get it.. and i would say a scrum CAN be dangerous, i've played every position in the forwards, but typically its not because neither team wants it to collapse.

rucks are a bit more dangerous, esp at the non-pro level. i've been lucky, i've only been stomped on a few times and someone tried to fishhook my eye out, but i was ok. i've seen some teams literally stomping on others heads, and it was legal. i've had to stomp on people too, but only when necessary. part of the game.

Now what you guys are talking about "Rugby" is rugby union . A game i played growing up . But what im talking about is "Rugby League " .
Dont get me wrong Rugby Union is a fine game but with new rule changes it has now become a kicking game hence become boring and attendence to games and tv ratings over the last 5-6 yrs have been declining .
Rugby League is more physical and a much quicker game hence more intertaining .
Here are some info on both codes , will include the live stream link shortly . :punk:

http://www.rugbyunionrules.com/the_game.html

http://www.therfl.co.uk/about/page.php?areaid=270

that was my take on league. kind of like 7s or 10s but with no tackling rules and not really any rucks/mauls..

i always loved this quote:

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]In our country, true teams rarely exist . . . social barriers and personal ambitions have reduced athletes to dissolute cliques or individuals thrown together for mutual profit . . . Yet these rugby players, with their muddied, cracked bodies, are struggling to hold onto a sense of humanity that we in America have lost and are unlikely to regain. The game may only be to move a ball forward on a dirt field, but the task can be accomplished with an unshackled joy and its memories will be a permanent delight. The women and men who play on that rugby field are more alive than too many of us will ever be. The foolish emptiness we think we perceive in their existence is only our own. ~Victor Cahn[/FONT]

Back