seat flip won't stay down

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbannish

Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought a 97 Vmax and the seat flip keeps opening while riding. I'll go spray some wd40 on the moving parts this morning, but was wondering whether anyone else had this problem and how it can be solved.
Thx,
greg

This just happened on mine yesterday. Took it apart & found that one of the "E" clips went missing on the pivet bar. I'll bring a clip home tonight & fix it.

Should not matter. The hinge locks into the seat release latches so if it's not clicking into place you may need to look at those.

Sean

Mine has been like that for a while. To make it latch, I have to manually pull back the latch on the right side, press the flip seat down, then release the latch.

Sandy gritty locals can lead to dirt in the latches. Clean them first with safe spray cleaner like contact cleaner the relive with silicone spray or lube that does not attract and hold dirt

Fixed mine - when the clip went missing the linkage fell apart & only 1 latch was seating. Re-assembled & all is well now.

+1 on keeping stuff clean & lubed as well.

Thanks for the responses,

After examing more closely, my right side latch was not latching. I oiled up the moving parts and pushed down harder on the right side to get it to latch, problem solved!

Thx,
Greg

Back