Seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsoll

Reaction score
Does anyone have the new corbin seat for the max? If so how do you like it? And the new gas access area?

They've been out for some time. They work well if you like the horse saddle look and feel.

Chris

I had the old version on my 95 and have the newer version on my 97. The newer version is much better in my opinion. Don't have to remove the tail pack to gas up now. Also handles the larger nozzles much better. The tool kit recess is difficult to use though. Just a little too small. A Corbin seat is the only seat I will use on long trips. Tried a cut down seat and it just was tough on the "private" area plus couldn't move around at all. I have taken up to 3500 mile trips in one week (had to average 500 miles a day) on the Max with a Corbin and had no problems. Have been using Corbins for about 20 years now and have taken many LONG trips with no problems. The only problem I have with a Corbin is with my 30" inseam, the width of the seat makes the reach to the ground even worse.

I had the old style in early 90's and the gas thing was tuff to get your hand in there. As far as the width as I remember it was tuff since I am also 30" inseam. I think you had more leg room though am I correct ?

What about the Sean morley seat or ufo? A local guy here in Pgh. wants 450 to cut it down and and recover it with vinyl and put Vmax on the bolster in red. I think he is high and then I dont know what it will feel like.

I think I read that Sean Morley just charges $250 for his rework on your seat. $450 does sound a little high.

GP

The problem is everyone is different. I tried the cut-down seat and it was terrible for me on any longer ride. My crotch was very uncomfortable after several non-stop hours, plus there was no room to move around. I was held in one spot. I have had very good luck with Corbin over the years, especially on long trips. The firmness seems to be a positive when spending hours in the saddle. They are expensive and not too pretty but they worked for me on a Harley, two V-Maxes, and a Suzuki 1200 Bandit. Took three 7-day 3500 mile trips plus many lesser trips on a Corbin and had no butt problems except for heat. Covered that by adding a sheepskin pad to the seat on the Bandit and my latest V-Max. Used baby powder before that. My longest day on a Corbin was over 800 miles and had no problems. You know the seat is OK when you don't notice it. That said, everyone has to find what works for them.

I agree totally - everyone's different.

My max came with a Corbin that had been lowered as much as poss for a short arse PO. It felt just fine when I sat on it, but after an hour or so it was painful.

I've replaced it with another Corbin, this one shaped by Sean (Muscle Corbin). It's much better to start with, really feels comfortable when I get on it and for the first 60+ miles, but after that it still starts hurting. It's better than before, and I feel like I sit 'in' the bike more with this one which improves posture and handling, but I guess my arse is just funny-shaped or too bony, cos after that 1st hour in the saddle I still get these pressure points that hurt and only keep getting worse.

I'm gonna try an Air Hawk pad if I can find a decent deal on one - $135 seems a bit excessive for an air cushion, but when I go on a long trip it's going to be well needed.

If it ever stops raining here, i will meet up with you at quaker steak & lube and you can check out my corbin. I have the older style that is trimmed down on the sides and has a gel pad , also had the gas hole opening cut out a little bigger for better access. Rode over 1200 miles to danny's and back with no problems.

Latest posts

Back