Slides clattering

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Just tonight, I romped on the bike and in the lower RPMS (up to about 5000 RPMS) the slides were clattering considerably. hasn't done it before. did it twice tonight. Is that a sign of anything in particular. I'm kinda chalking it up to the temps bumping 90 and humid. I havent changed anything on the carbs. Any thoughts.

Not a clue but incase people forget he did install muscle jet I believe he did not drill slide ( I'm sure he will correct if I'm wrong) just an FYI.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Muscle kit installed. you are correct Matt. factory springs, slides not drilled.

While at Thunder, every Vmax I heard, w/flatslides installed, clattered like that. When I inquired, I was told that if they are set up properly, they all do it. I believe it was Daemon(sp?) that said it.

Flatslides will clatter, stock should not. Any chance that was pre-detonation (bad gas)?

Flatslides will clatter, stock should not. Any chance that was pre-detonation (bad gas)?

Definately more of a clatter than a knock. Just out of curiosity though, pre-detonation is caused by heat, which I would say is too lean. My needles are on the 4 th clip so I would think it would have to be caused by to lean a/F mixture if that were my problem.

Back