so i put on dyna mini coils- re-gap?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Have the dyna 3000 so i added the dyna dc3-2 coils nice big blue spark, so i took one of the plug wires and put a spark plug in it so i could see the spark held it close to the frame and was jumping around 1/2" that's a pretty good jump . So i figured more gap on the plug stock is 35 thousands so put at 45 seems to run a lot better more smooth better pull I like them worth the money $204 whole set.

Last edited:
Ok just recap since installing getting better mpg with some getting on it 125 miles before light comes on and now front wheel comes off the ground in 2nd just alittle bit runs so much better

Have the dyna 3000 so i added the dyna dc3-2 coils nice big blue spark

Good to hear it, I'm going to be going this route as well pretty soon. Last month I was on the phone with Dynatek and they pretty much said the same. It's nice to have a none rep say the same thing.

I would find out what cop coils put out that would tell you more cop coils are stock coils for like yamaha r1's i believe the dyna coils put out more than double the spark than stock vmax and work great with the dyna 3000 i was having a rich problem off and on so i wanted to see if it would help it did ill know more when i get it dynoed will keep you posted

I would find out what cop coils put out that would tell you more cop coils are stock coils for like yamaha r1's i believe the dyna coils put out more than double the spark than stock vmax and work great with the dyna 3000

Yup, they're designed to work with the Dynatek ignition. I ran a complete Dyna ignition on my old XS and it was freaking awesome.

... worth the money $204 whole set.

That's a great price, everywhere I looked it was $150 a pair, so around $300 for four of them. $100 off is the shit.

Link to purchase???

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

If you call them you get a better deal , so my gas milage went fro 36-38 mpg to 43 mpg and these put out way more than the cop set up, the cops put out alittle more than stock max coils the only real advantage over stock is no wires that's it dyna is the better choice

Ok i dynoed today @116.13 hp 80 ftpnds of torque was at 111.97 hp i gained 4 horsepower from using the dyna coils oh yeah it was 89 degrees

Ok i dynoed today @116.13 hp 80 ftpnds of torque was at 111.97 hp i gained 4 horsepower from using the dyna coils oh yeah it was 89 degrees

Good to know, the tech I spoke with also mentioned an HP increase of "4-5 on average." I'm definitely going to order four next month, when I have some funds coming in.

Cool mod....don't you love it when claims for HP gains actually turn out to be true?

Ok just recap since installing getting better mpg with some getting on it 125 miles before light comes on and now front wheel comes off the ground in 2nd just alittle bit runs so much better

call me when it comes up in 3rd. Then we can go run em:clapping:keep up the good work on mpg"s lol

Back