spark plug

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djvmax07

Reaction score
Hello everybody I Have changed exhaust and put morley jet kit on bike. changed mains,springs and have the clip on the third slot from blunt end if I remember. I also put new plugs in bike and gap them at 35. I have put about 800 miles on bike after all the changes pulled spark plug and here is a pic what is your opinion on how they look? Bike is running strong with no stumble only thing I've noticed is when running 80 to 90 mph and when I back down the throttle getting some backfire. Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 75
I'd guess a touch lean too but probably ok on stock motor....A true WOT plug chop might mean more. If that's all just cruising around it may look leaner than it is compared to a WOT run

I would agree with Sean & Rusty,
Your rim color indicates a good setup for the low speed fuel circuits. The gray color anode with the totally white porcelain is a very good sign for a stock setup. If your desire is to gain a little more torque you could bump-up the main jets one size allow some graying of the porcelain. There are days I wish all my plugs looked that good!

Latest posts

Back