spittin carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the timing is ok does that mean my valves are in adjustment? book says to pull air box and remove carbs to get valve covers off, tell me it aint so. it looks like there is plenty room to get them out. if its in time what all does this eliminate? thanks.

Sorry, I was talking ignition timing.

Yeah, it's easiest to remove air box, carbs and then loosen radiator so it hangs off front. Rears can probably be accessed w/o removing all that but front valve cover is a bit more involved.

You'll have to drain the coolant and remove the two hoses that go into the cylinder heads.

Mark

Sam, you mentioned in one of your posts that you could not get air in the purge hole. I too have noticed that, and I've never been able to set my idle lower than 1500. Not sure how to fix it, but wondering if your dealers fixed it by the jet block work.

Use a copper strand from any electical wire you get at Napa, etc.

Mark

no the jet block he took off and cleaned dident help at all, he said the carbs were fine and clean. but every where i call to see if they can check my wiring they go right back to the carbs, i would think new boots and cleaned twiced by shops that had mechanics that had been there 20 plus years should elimanate carbs. i checked valve clearance all was where the clymer manuel said they should be. who knows what i will get told next,getting a little upset spending every day and night working on it. i just wonder if the preveis owner could have v boost set to come in at 3000 insted of 6000? im sure someone will say thats possible.

Use a copper strand from any electical wire you get at Napa, etc.

Mark

Oxy fuel cutting tip cleaners would probably work too. Just make sure you get the smaller set.

Disconnect Vboost closed and eliminate it as the issue or disconnect them open and see what it's like.

how can i unhook v boost? does it have a fuse i can pull to try. i dont know anything about the v boost. i know what it suppose to do but maybe its coming in at 3000. help.

Remove the left side cover and then look for the round electrical plug. Unplug it to turn off vboost. If you want to leave it open just turn the key and let it cycle to full open. Then, turn off and then unplug the connector.

Mark

if pre owner has it set to open at 3000 what do i look for to change it back to stock? or how can it be set for 3000rpms?

You'll need a tboost to set at 3000 rpms. I'm not sure how to recognize it. Look for an out-of-place part near the vboost computer. It's the square box that the round plug goes to.

Mark

A lot of the T-boost setups have a round plastic (tan) piece that looks like a transformer.:confused2:

Back