Stalling out again!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
It's happening again..thought I solved this..I checked all electricals and they passed..connections look good..only other thing is the Dyna 3000..what are the bad issues with this? I have on order a stock unit but it won't arrive in time for Thunder.
My reserve light came on..switched to reserve and about three minutes later bike slowly dies like it's got no gas..had to pull over. Tried to restart..starts in neutral but when I engage gear it cuts off..this also happened before and I checked all switches as stated above. Finally waited about 5-10 minutes restarted and engaged gear and it did did'nt cut out. Am I missing something?? :bang head:

Also my aftermarket tach is doing what my old speedo used to do..above 6000RPM the needle is bouncing around..I'm not getting a steady reading..stock tach does not do this. Does anyone with an aftermarket tach know whats going on here?

possible your clutch switch plunger is stuck? mine was.

I apparently never read your first thread about this, so I might ask some redundant questions, but... How long was it running before it stalled? Was it up to operating temp? Your issue sounds heat related to me.

Could your vent be clogged/pinched on your gas tank? Building pressure and then stalls out?

I'll check this but I doubt it's the cause...I'll check all connections once again before I leave..was going to go up on FRI but now I think i'll meet up on SAT morning...will do some more test riding as well tonight and tomorrow

Back