Stalls when I stop... runs like crap after I shake it

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylow6988

Reaction score
0622092036.jpg

2005 Vmax 19,000mi UFO VGAS and Exhaust, Dyna 3000 Ign.

My bike ws running fine, and then after a short ride in the rain. I parked her in the garage overnight. Got on her the next day and she stalled three times at some red lights. It would give me a problem starting, but then would fire up and act just fine.

I found out that the stalling was caused by the force of the bike moving forward and then stopping suddenly. In my garage moving her is enough to make it happen.
So then, after I caused it to stall again I shook my back back and forth with the front brake on. And now she backfires, pops, and wont rev past 5k.

I had an oil leak on the rear top cover so I pulled off the carbs, intake manifolds, and rear top cover. My valves to no suprize looks like crap. Loaded with black chunky build up. When I look down on the compression stroke I can see air bubbles around the valve seat. Is this suppost to happen?
I am sure the stalling is a carberation problem, but went in to inspect. Cams look great, everything else is fine. But those valves are making me wonder if there is a problem. I'll open the bowls today after school, and see if there is something floating in there besides the floats. But I don't have to any experience with Flatslides.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of situation?

Thanks for any ideas or comments.
Dan

These bikes do not like to get wet. Sometimes it can take days or a good length of road to dry it out where it will run right. Get some BG44K and run a bottle through it (takes about 3 tanks) which will clean up the chamber a bit.

Sean

Did you have bonnet's over the V stacks? VGAS do not like to get wet.

Latest posts

Back