Still undecided.Kerker 4-2-1 ,stage7.K&N

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoymang

Reaction score
Hey whats up? I'm still undecided about upgrading!
I go to the track several times a summer (Hagerstown,Md & Pittsburgh,pa.) I'm still concerned about the streetability of the stage 7 kit. I'll definately go with the kerker 4-2-1 and the K&N filters.
Will i have any problems with the stage 7 on a road trip ?
Any feedback would be great.:confused2:

I go to the track several times a summer (Hagerstown,Md & Pittsburgh,pa.) I'm still concerned about the streetability of the stage 7 kit. I'll definately go with the kerker 4-2-1 and the K&N filters.

If set up right, no more problems than the usual carb related issues - I have had stage 7 & 4-2-1 Kerker for over 80,000 miles and have taking alot of road trips with no issues.

:cheers: Mike

Yes, properly setup there should be no street riding issues with the stage seven or even my kit. If you go the stage seven route I would suggest to leave the v-boost in and not remove the valve. Stock mains are about right for jetting so I would not change them either (my kit requires larger mains).

many don't like the breather apparatus tying into the front carbs (through the tops of the filters) since it can gum them up with the oil vapors. You can plug them easily enough. My kit utilizes the stock airbox base and a modified top.

Sean Morley

Yeah go with Sean's setup. I've researched it all as well and decided that it's the way to go. His tends to have a little more low end grunt in tacked! :eusa_dance:

I dont have any driveabilty problems with my setup. (Kerker 4-2-1 & Similiar to Stage 7 with Ind filters. My gas mileage went down a lil but its worth the speed I gained at the track
I heard as long as you dont drill your slides with the stage 7 its great once you find your jet size configs.

I wish I tried my Morley setup w/o drilling slides first. Oh well. I am running stock springs. My low end is better because of that.

I go to the track several times a summer (Hagerstown,Md & Pittsburgh,pa.) I'm still concerned about the streetability of the stage 7 kit.

if you haven't dropped a wad on the Stg 7 yet, get the Morley Stg 4.....cheaper, same power, keep th V-Boost....

Kopperhed

Back