Stock Exhaust Install Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy27

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for you help!

I just bought a 1995 VMAX.

I'm replacing the last owner's Black Widow slip-on exhaust with the stock VMAX exhaust pipes. I don't have a full bike lift table available, so I am doing it on my garage floor. Does anyone know if the stock exhaust can be installed while the bike is on it's center stand? If not, what is the best way to lift the bike to have full access?

I already have the rear wheel off, to allow more room to work. I also have the stock header pipes loosened, to make it easier to mate up with the muffler assembly.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Yes, you can install it on it`s center stand. However, I normally install it in the following order: Rear downpiles, mufflers, front downpipes. Trying to align all four pipes into the muffler is quite tricky.

Yes, you can install it on it`s center stand. However, I normally install it in the following order: Rear downpiles, mufflers, front downpipes. Trying to align all four pipes into the muffler is quite tricky.
Thanks for your reply. You aren't kidding about trying to line up all 4 pipes! The hardest part is getting the heavy muffler assembly at the right height and angle, so the down pipes can be slipped in. Feel like I'm trying to dock the Apollo Command Module with the Lunar Module.
Thanks again.

Back