Storm in a teacup. What's the best colour.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
This should is easy.
What's the best colour to paint a max?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 43
I went with Black Cherry this time. The painter put red pearl in the clear and some metal flake in the black.
I'm not a big fan of green, and covered it up quick on an XLCH I bought years ago. But, green to me looks awesome on all the vmax's I've seen.

Just check the pics you find until you get a color you can live with. An easy way to see if you can 'live-with' a color is to use Plasti-dip to paint your faux cover as it is easiest to remove. Since the stuff peels right off you won't harm your original paint, and it will give you a good idea about a particular color.

Some of the European websites for VMaxes have hundreds of heavily-customized rides. You should be able to get a good idea from there.

This is the base color I wish to do my bike.

10551020_10203458869327752_377813542975910858_n.jpg

I have had the stock 94 yellow, 95 red, 97 silver and a two custom, an all chrome set and my current copper/orange metallic. The 94 and 95 stock colors are my favorite stock ones. Have always liked bright colors. :biglaugh:

I have five or six complete sets both custom and stock plus a few stock single pieces. There is no way to answer your question. You have to decide for yourself but if you are looking to change up your skins, consider a color that you see on a current car as you know exactly what it looks like, it's easy to source and probably not crazy expensive to buy and subsequently easy to score touch up paint.

Easy way to test how you like a color, take one of the rear side covers off and do a few coats of plastidip, then paint over the dip with a rattle can of auto paint from wally world, it won't be prefect BUT you can peel it off after it dries. I've helped my buddy do this a bunch of times with wheels so he could decide on a color for powder coating.

Back