strange pressure problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sometimes the fuel will stop going to the fuel pump. ill break down, take off the seat, and unplug the tube between the filter and pump, and ill hear a lot of pressure release and the fuel draining back into the tank. -then it runs fine until the next ride. what can be done about this pain the butt?

First off, is your fuel filter plugged or dirty? Check the tip-over valve mounted to front of battery box. If that or the hose that is output from that is plugged the tank can't vent and the pump won't pump gas. Next time your symptom pops up, open the fuel tank and listen for a whoosh of air.

thanks, ill check those out. it might be the filter. i just replaced the filter last week, but they gave me one for a road star and said that would work the same, i didnt think twice about it at the time, it's just a piece of filter paper in a tube, but now i think ill give napa gold a shot see what happens.

Sure. If you tip over the bike then you'll have fuel all over the place. The valve is pretty easy to check. Just remove and check for vacuum right side up and upside down.

Back