Stretching

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmtruc

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to know if it was possible to stretch a vmax?
Having the shaft an all, I wasn't sure, just curious is all, it doesn't sound too practical.

thanks,
allen

Hey, just wanted to know if it was possible to stretch a vmax?
Having the shaft an all, I wasn't sure, just curious is all, it doesn't sound too practical.

thanks,
allen

YES! Plus if you want you can make it a chain drive. Though there are extended shafts running out there...

I have 2 3" shafts done already and one 6" we are finishing up. It's not the cheapest thing but then again i've see some of the prices on stretched chain drive arms (we have some chain drive stuff too.).

Sean Morley

I have 2 3" shafts done already and one 6" we are finishing up. It's not the cheapest thing but then again i've see some of the prices on stretched chain drive arms (we have some chain drive stuff too.).

Sean Morley
I'd be very interested in this if you can provide some information?

Are there any drawbacks to extending it? Vibrations, ride quality, etc.

thanks,
allen

there are benefits and drawbacks to the extended shafts. Less tendancy to wheelie (though I think it's a drawback myself - LOL) but less traction leverage. Less handling (though it's never kept us from keeping with the pack or in front either). Cost is expensive (relatively cheap compared to some sportbike swingarms).

Sean me a direct email and i wll try to send some pics when I can (I forget to send them to work so I can post them here).

Sean Morley

Back