Stronger stator or heavier flywheel?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenewguy

Reaction score
I asked the question about the PIAA driving lights earlier and the general consensus is that the electrical system can't handle the extra wattage.

Is it possible to install a stronger stator or heavier flywheel?

I've heard about this being done for dirt bikes but didn't know if it was possible for the Vmax.

Thanks

Ed

Have you tried piaa light bulbs in the stock headlight, they say is uses 55wt/65 wt and gives 100wt light out put, I think this would give you enough light and is less headache. IMHO
if it is just for looks then go with LED lights, the other day I saw a harley with to super white driving lights , they turned out to be LEDs.

thenewguy said:
I asked the question about the PIAA driving lights earlier and the general consensus is that the electrical system can't handle the extra wattage.

I've heard about this being done for dirt bikes but didn't know if it was possible for the Vmax.

Thanks

Ed

Last edited:
thenewguy said:

Thanks

Ed

There is a place that makes a replacement stator that produces, I think, 5 more amps than stock. I'll try and find the info for it. I think it was fairly expensive though.

Venture stator is cheap to get on Ebay. Will give you 5 more amps of output. There's one on Ebay now. Item #
320061779798. Auction ends in a couple of hours.

:rocket bike: :eusa_dance: :red ass:

Back