Super Motard

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually threw my leg over one. They're neat, but the Suzuki version just seems heavy and bulky. To validate my thought on that, I threw my leg over the Kawi KX450F next to it. If your wanting a Super Motard bike you may want to look into the KTM's.

Yeah, KTM is for sure the Marquee name of the breed but they are about double almost in price. Plus I know if I get one it's gonna end with knobbies on the backroads of Bandera county in short order. Spare parts for the Jap bikes gotta be cheaper since they are derived from long established dual-sport/dirt bikes.

295 lbs seemed light to me but then I haven't been on anything but the Lard ass max in a long time.

Thanks for the tip on the Kaw, i'll check it out.

Rusty

Well the Kawi was just a dirt bike only, their 4 stroke Moto-X bike. I know there would be a little difference between the two, but dang. The suspension WAY softer on the DRZ, ugly mirrors, etc. It's all changeable stuff, just saying. Yeah I agree on the price difference between the Euro stuff and the Jap stuff too.

Ever think about a Husaberg? Not sure if they make a Super Moto bike but it's worth looking into.

I used to race a 2001 KTM 250 SX.They are not that much more money.The quality is twice as good as jap bikes.I've had at least a dozen new motocross bikes in the past and I highly recommend KTM.

I saw a new Husky mototard bike that looked awesome too.

Latest posts

Back