Tank Bag

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
In preparation for the Eureka Springs meet, I was thinking a tank bag might be pretty useful. I was planning on a backpack for my clothes to keep in the hotel room and so a tank bag might be handy for other things. I don't have one currently. Did a search on the forums and didn't see any thread about it.

What tank bag are you using? What do you like about it? What you do you NOT like about it?

@Redbone, I assume the magnets hold well on the Vmax since you haven't lost it since 2008. If you get a chance could you shoot a photo of it on your bike one from behind the bike (essentially riding position) and one from the side? I have been wanting a tank bag but can't ever seem to find one that looks right to me. This one looks good on the link for moto superstore just wondering how it blends with the Vmax.

If you don't have time to do so I understand as well. Thanks for sharing either way!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I prefer a tail bag. Paranoid about scratching my custom paint with a tank bag. They can be placed on the passenger seat or luggage rack. I have had almost every manufacturer of tank and tail bags over the years and now prefer Nelson-Rigg. They have a lifetime no hassle warranty and great features and quality.

I had problems with warranty issues with Tourmaster. Just my experience and opinion.

MotoCentric Weekender GPS Tank Bag - Motorcycle Superstore

If I was shopping for a tankbag, I'd give this one a close look.
Your choice of magnetic or strap mount. Pop up GPS thingee (very groovy)
6" high overall, but the Max faux tanks have a lower profile than most "real" gas tanks (one of the things I DON'T like about the stock max).
I think this bag would improve the look of the bike, not distract from it.
Cheers!

@Redbone, I assume the magnets hold well on the Vmax since you haven't lost it since 2008. If you get a chance could you shoot a photo of it on your bike one from behind the bike (essentially riding position) and one from the side? I have been wanting a tank bag but can't ever seem to find one that looks right to me. This one looks good on the link for moto superstore just wondering how it blends with the Vmax.

If you don't have time to do so I understand as well. Thanks for sharing either way!

It may take a few days to get said photo, maybe Danny could hook ya up since he has the same one. The magnets hold great and I only use the main four. I keep the "wings" and "tail" tucked in unless I gonna be riding triple digits or a very stiff cross wind. The wings each has a magnet and so does the tail which also could be tucked under the seat. As long as you keep the bag and tank clean you shouldn't have a issue with scratching a custom paint job.

Absolutely no rush, I've just got an amazon gift card waiting to be burned on one of those bags if it looks right to me :)

Like Redbone, I also use the Manta XL............It holds everything I need for a daytrip....................Tom.

Redbone, is that Joe Rocket big enough to hold a rain jacket and pants? These are what I have:

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/RoadToads.shtm
Yes sir, they would hold both top and bottom of the Frog Togg suit. I can fit my Tourmaster 2xl rain jacket in it. (awesome jacket which keeps me dry in the heaviest downpours!)
Here are some quick pictures of the bag on my spare tank, sorry for the setup but Redbone is still under cover waiting for better conditions and time to put it back together for the season. First 3 are how I normally run it, and the next 2 are of the "wings" and "tail" which all three have magnet in them. The last pic is of the rain jacket that was stuffed in the bag for the first 4 pics! I hope this helps!
Almost forgot that it comes with a built in rain cover that has it's own zippered compartment in the front of the bag. The pocket is behind the grab handle in the 3rd pic. It also comes with a clip on strap so you can carry it messenger bag style.
IMG_1389.jpgIMG_1390.jpgIMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1393.jpgIMG_1395.jpg

Like Redbone, I also use the Manta XL............It holds everything I need for a daytrip....................Tom.
I completely forgot about that Tom, and I agree that it's a great sized bag for everyday trips.

Last edited:
This one's not about the bag....but about the effort Brian went to make his last post.
Having members like this is what make this forum what it is - the greatest!

This one's not about the bag....but about the effort Brian went to make his last post.
Having members like this is what make this forum what it is - the greatest!

+1 Thanks so much for the info and pics Brian. Ordered the bag. :)

Yes sir, they would hold both top and bottom of the Frog Togg suit. I can fit my Tourmaster 2xl rain jacket in it. (awesome jacket which keeps me dry in the heaviest downpours!)
Here are some quick pictures of the bag on my spare tank, sorry for the setup but Redbone is still under cover waiting for better conditions and time to put it back together for the season. First 3 are how I normally run it, and the next 2 are of the "wings" and "tail" which all three have magnet in them. The last pic is of the rain jacket that was stuffed in the bag for the first 4 pics! I hope this helps!
Almost forgot that it comes with a built in rain cover that has it's own zippered compartment in the front of the bag. The pocket is behind the grab handle in the 3rd pic. It also comes with a clip on strap so you can carry it messenger bag style.

I completely forgot about that Tom, and I agree that it's a great sized bag for everyday trips.

PERFECT! You are the man! This is exactly what I needed to see, thanks!

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Back