Thinking about streaching out.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Thinking about stretching out.

Anyone have an extended swing arm on here? Kinda wondering about the goods and bads if there are any. Also the best place to get one complete.

Anyone have an extended swing arm on here? Kinda wondering about the goods and bads if there are any. Also the best place to get one complete.

Jim is running +6 on toxic, and I can't remember off the top of my head but there are a few out there that are running +3.

Sean is the man who is putting these things out there nowadays.

Thinking about stretching out.

Well hell, its a two fer. Need a seat redone and swing arm treatment at the same place. Sean's a real one stop shop.
+3 is what I'm looking for.

+80mm on mine with no brake arm quadrant and relocated shock mounts.Custom side tube. Rides nicely and pleased with it.

Attachments

• IMG_0223 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0223 (Large).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0228 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0228 (Large).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 27
Good reading thanks KJ. I'll email Sean and see whats up.

I would like to get one, but not working and being back in student status, my finds are pretty tied up until the end of the spring semester. Maybe in the fall 2010 I'll have the funds saved up in the Vmax account.

I would like to get one, but not working and being back in student status, my finds are pretty tied up until the end of the spring semester. Maybe in the fall 2010 I'll have the funds saved up in the Vmax account.

Hey! start a swing arm fund like I did for my seat cover. I'll donate.

+80mm on mine with no brake arm quadrant and relocated shock mounts.Custom side tube. Rides nicely and pleased with it.
You used one of your drive shaft extensions that you created by using a method called "spark eroded" or something like that?

I don't make the driveshafts and Jedi has a great extension part he's got. I do have one 3" over arm on hand and can make about any length. I even have a yamaha vstar driveshaft thats about 2.5/8" longer then stock which would be close to the 3 most people want but with access to a stock shaft (it's large diameter but hollow for the bulk of the length).

Not sure but I would think the hollow shaft should be pretty strong. I do like Jedi's extensions but that doesn't make the shaft beefier. Advantages to both ways. Will get your email answered later today.

Sean

Vmax cruiser. I did my own on a jig that I built and then had Rocky Mountain make a shaft for me!

Scooter

Back