Throttle Click?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexus

Reaction score
Every once in a while when the bike is running I snap the throttle and I hear a click. Some times I snap it a couple of times in a row and it will click each time. But it only happens rarely and only when I snap the throttle quick. The sound is coming from down under and is not just the throttle returning to its resting place. I know this is a vague description, but I don't know how else to explain it. This has happened a few times now and I have no clue what it is. Any ideas? Thanks.

so this is when u let off the throttle or twist on?

you might have a frey in the cable or the linkage is hitting something. is this with bike running or off?

Every once in a while when the bike is running I snap the throttle and I hear a click. Some times I snap it a couple of times in a row and it will click each time. But it only happens rarely and only when I snap the throttle quick. The sound is coming from down under and is not just the throttle returning to its resting place. I know this is a vague description, but I don't know how else to explain it. This has happened a few times now and I have no clue what it is. Any ideas? Thanks.

Follow the cables down to the carbs, there are a pair of split barrels on the brackets that the metal cable ends 'pocket' into....maybe one of them is working loose and 're-seats' when you snap the throttle.

so this is when u let off the throttle or twist on?

you might have a frey in the cable or the linkage is hitting something. is this with bike running or off?

It seems to only happen when the bike is running.

Follow the cables down to the carbs, there are a pair of split barrels on the brackets that the metal cable ends 'pocket' into....maybe one of them is working loose and 're-seats' when you snap the throttle.

Hummm...I'll check that out. Thanks.

after that check, undo them and leave them loose and start bike, manually pull the cables left on the carb, one the return to not let it have slack and see if you can reproduce it, maybe cables bad., or you can spot if its hitting something

While I was attempting to sync my carbs today the clicking happened again. This time I pushed down on my choke and it clicked like machine gun fire. I quickly returned the choke and it stopped. Wouldn't do it again after that.

Back