Throttle tube

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midmoraider

Reaction score
Hey all, I am still trying to figure out why there is so much free play with my ss motion pro throttle cables. One thing I noticed when checking everything out was that the holes on the throttle tube where the cables actually attach are different sizes. Or at least they are on mine. Does anyone have a spare throttle tube laying around that could check to verify that it is supposed to have different size holes? My cable has alot of movement in the larger hole which is causing some of my free play. The other issue seems to be that the barrel ends of the motion pro cables that fit into the slider blocks are smaller than stock. This seems to be allowing the cables to slide around in that part as well, causing even more free play. Has anyone else ever had this issue with these cables? Thanks.

Attachments

• Throttle tube.jpg
    Throttle tube.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 18
  • Sliders 003.jpg
    Sliders 003.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 18
Damn Mike, you've got everything I need archived it seems.:clapping: So mine is okay. Wonder why motion pro doesn't make the barrel ends the same size as the stock cables?

I havn't had to pull my cables out before, but looking at your 2nd photo of the sliders there looks to be about a 4-5mm gap at the end of the cable cover. Could you put a spacer in that gap?

Latest posts

Back