Tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't verify it but I have also heard about this. If you think about it, it makes sense.

Yes, the avon almost completely clears up the speedo error, it is taller and is imho better than the shinko verge. Much much better in anything wet. Had it out in the hill country this weekend in some wet conditions and took it easy but upped the pace a bit with a couple of really nice vmax riders on gen 1's that were really good riders. While me and my cousin werent knee draggin in those conditions i was very impressed. Hell, impressed with what those guys were doing on a gen 1 as well as the roads. Very cool place to ride. We run the storm 3d xm on the front and the conra 200/55 18 on the rear. Worked really well.

Shinko Verge, front and rear. I got 7000 miles on back and twice as many on front before change out. I drop my rear tire using an aftermarket stand like a Harris. I change the front tire by using a soft nylon sling under handlebars and chain fall hoist hung on rafters. Both tires are easy to drop. I have a guy down the street who will mount a tire for thirty bucks, big savings over stealership.

Back