To chrome or not to chrome...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxedNKansas

Reaction score
What's everybody's opinion on adding chrome to the Max? Perhaps chrome air scoops? Mine are a little scratched..

MNK

What's everybody's opinion on adding chrome to the Max? Perhaps chrome air scoops? Mine are a little scratched..

MNK
IMHO, I agree with Mick Jagger......PAINT IT BLACK!
err, well, maybe not the scoops, but just about everything else can be black. Just get the scoops polished and leave the chrome for those v-twin guys that like chrome on every part.:biglaugh::whistlin::confused2::bang head:

I actually just did a chrome exchange with Sean Morley... I got my scoops and side covers done, and i'm very happy with the results.:clapping:
I think it's worth the extra money for chrome verses having them polished because there is no upkeep. And it look so sweeeeet!!! just my :twocents:

Black is back baby... Not too much black or else it looses its definition... :thumbs up:

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Vmax done #2 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #2 9-11-07.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 31
nothing bad, just be prepared to redo your work every time you wash it or someone touches is with thier hands.

Sean

nothing bad, just be prepared to redo your work every time you wash it or someone touches is with thier hands.

Sean

Redo meaning sand or buff? If you put a silicone based polish on doesn't it protect the aluminum? :confused2:

MNK

Aluminum oxidizes so damn fast that you can't keep up with it...:bang head:

Ahhh.. so that's why it comes covered in clear coat from the factory ehh.? Guess I would have to have that done if I polish them.. :coolgleamA:

MNK

clearing a completely smoothed surface is a difficult task. Though I have never tried it I have ready numerous times that "Zoops Seal" works welll to keep mainenace at a minimum.

You would only need a repolish on occassion.

Sean

Back