Torque spec and which Loctite

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 79399

Reaction score
Information request. 1988 stock starter clutch reassembly. Received my parts and gaskets from Morley Muscle today. Researched my Clymer Vmax manual and cannot find the torque spec for the starter clutch to flywheel bolts anywhere in it. Also, I need to know if I should use Loctite Red high strength or Blue medium strength on the clutch attaching bolts before securely peening the back side of the bolts.

Thank you Fire-medic. That is exactly the info I was looking for. 24 Nm on the torque and Blue loctite which I have on my shelf. Reassembly and test run new parts tomorrow.
FYI, Before I retired I was an EMT-B and member of the fire response team at the ethylene refinery where I worked. My hats off to you if your name infers you do the same job.

It's the Matrix choice, red, or blue. I suppose as long as you can loosen it, either works. Red often uses heating to be released. Just be careful with where you apply the heat & how-much, to avoid damage to the wiring of the armature or other wires.

Those bolts are notorious for coming lose.
I wouldn't hesitate to use red loctite.

Just helped my son replace the flywheel in his SV1000 last week. He had blue loctite on the bench and I told him to put red on those bolts!

Those bolts are notorious for coming lose.
I wouldn't hesitate to use red loctite.

Just helped my son replace the flywheel in his SV1000 last week. He had blue loctite on the bench and I told him to put red on those bolts!
With you I have been doing these for years and would never put anything less than red . I don't want customers bikes coming back !!!

Back