Ultra short bimble

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eoggy

Reaction score
Evening all,

Not sure what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but here its not the best... but that hardly surprising really.

Fortunately it hasn't been too cold the past couple of days... averaging about 10c (50f). the sun threatens to shine on occasion and it hasn't rained... so I thought I'd get Brutus (can't decide on a name for the beast, but its always the first one that springs to mind) out and head off for a quick bimble to blow away the cobwebs.

Unfortunately the roads are still damp and are quite greasy... it'll be about late march before the roads dry properly, but nethertheless, I decided to just stick to the main roads.

its the 2nd run I've done on Brutus and in similar conditions, so I've been very ginger with the throttle... just one moment that raised a wry smile when I was approaching a roundabout and applied abit too much rear brake, the back locked up and a gentle fishtailing to the junction ensued.

This may all seem insignificant to some of you. but to get out on the bike in the middle of winter in the highlands of Scotland is an opportunity not to be missed... it was only about a 40 mile round trip but it had me smiling from ear to ear.

on the way home I nipped to the in-laws for a cuppa before heading home. the missus happened to be there too and snapped me leaving!

all the best

Eoghan

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 52
I feel your pain mate. I'm in the middle of the peak district and will be too full of shite for me to get the max out for a couple of months yet.
They throw road salt around here at the first hint of cold. Mind you, if they didn't the place would grind to a halt with ice

Any ride is a good ride. It's good to keep the blood pumping, for you, and the Vmax:punk:

I've got to dig out the door to get at my Max... But Spring is coming, and the Monkey is gonna bite Godzilla hard then..

Latest posts

Back