US or Canadian Market?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendini

Reaction score
Hi there I have a 1985 manufactured (1986 model) Vmax. I am in the UK and my bike has been imported and only UK registered this year. It may have been over here for a while prior to registration. I think it is North American market but I am not sure if it is US or Canadian? It looks like its original colour (color) was black - inside of dummy tank and it has red instead of amber reflectors on the side of the radiator cowling. I believe all the early US models were Deep Scarlet or purple not black and the reflectors should be amber. The VIN number is JYA1UT007GA000426 If anybody has any insight as to where it originates from I would be extremely interested in hearing from you.

Thanks

US 86 models came in either DARK red (don't remember the name) and black as I recall. If memory serves me, the 86 red was quite a bit darker than the 85 red, is all I remember about them. They had the different front/rear foot pegs and perhaps different wheels. Side reflectors would have been amber on both years.

Part of the 85's had the purple (amethyst) color. Most were red.

Hi thanks for that. Any idea why the reflectors are red? If the red is different for a 1986 model to 1985 anybody know what the 1986 colour (color) & paint code is for the red? I want to keep it stock but would prefer it in red to black. Thanks

Back