v boost question.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM93MAX

Reaction score
i was going to unplug the v boost at open all the time. would i have a problem with it running leaner and have to rejet or will it actually make it run richer?

if you have it stuck on open it's going to run stupidly rich at all revs up to about 6000 and do some serious carbon fouling, as well as give you very poor MPG.

But the worst part is, you'll also get poor performance..

The only way to run (a little) faster without the boost is to have more open exhausts (Kerker for example) including the headers as slip-ons won't make a change, and install a stage 7 kit (or better Morley's Muscle kit) in the carbs.

ya bike isnot stock by any means i for got to mention it sorry but i have a kerker and a bnch of motor work and i have been runnd just a little lean for my likeing so i was hoping it would richen it up some so thanks for the input its the kind of news im glad to get

If you adjust your jetting to run with boost open all the time and it will run great - I have a manual boost on mine and love it once I got the jetting right. I had tried unplugging the boost first and the only problem I found was that it wasn't happy when the bike was cold.

Mike

Latest posts

Back