VBoost magazine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Hymen

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone ever contacted Steve, the editor of the magazine? I sent him a couple of emails to the wizard@dilligaf email addy and haven't heard anything back. :confused2:

Is it worth it to join....really ! What do they do for the members, I won't join and pay for something I have no idea if it's even worth it. To have my name on a list - not good enough.
I need something I can relate, I hate wasting money it doesn't come ez for me and it never has it seems.

My membership has paid for itself many times over in vendor discounts.
Plus fortunately there were a lot of VMOA members in my area so i have gotten to meet a lot of Vmax people I otherwise never would have.
Even SEEING another Vmax is so rare that the chance to ride and hangout with a whole group of them is pretty cool for me. Our group also does a 3 day spring and fall ride to the Hill Country that is worth the price of admission alone.

For the 25 bucks a year, it is worth it to me, I've met some great people and been on a couple of fun rides already and looking forward to more. Plus it's just nice to belong to a group of people that have the same interests. Granted if your only looking at the monitary aspects that you gain, the only plus is the discounts from vendors.
But to me, being a part of an association is more than just "what's in it for me", it's about belonging to a collective group of like minded people.

Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of "being part of the Vmax fascination" Meeting other Maxers and doing trips is what it's really all about. To be able to talk, ask questions, and check out each others rides is awesome. That's what most of us want isn't it!

Not sure about the discount thing unless I order off the net. Never done that kind of thing either. But I don't live in the US nor is there a huge following for the Max around here.

While at the motorcycle show in Toronto, I didn't see anyone there who even supports the Max. In fact I only seen 2 of them; one old one for sale the other was a new 07. This was very disheartening. NO HATS, NO SHIRTS, NO VESTS, NO AFTERMARKET PARTS, STICKERS...I could go on. They should have been there, I would have signed up right there. I had $ 800. bucks with me and never spent a cent. W.T.F. I should of been able to get something there for my bike or myself !

So you see it may take me a bit of time before I sign up.

Last edited:
Robbarrie said:
Don't get me wrong...I like the idea of "being part of the Vmax fascination" Meeting other Maxers and doing trips is what it's really all about. To be able to talk, ask questions, and check out each others rides is awesome. That's what most of us want isn't it!

Not sure about the discount thing unless I order off the net. Never done that kind of thing either. But I don't live in the US nor is there a huge following for the Max around here.

While at the motorcycle show in Toronto, I didn't see anyone there who even supports the Max. In fact I only seen 2 of them; one old one for sale the other was a new 07. This was very disheartening. NO HATS, NO SHIRTS, NO VESTS, NO AFTERMARKET PARTS, STICKERS...I could go on. They should have been there, I would have signed up right there. I had $ 800. bucks with me and never spent a cent. W.T.F. I should of been able to get something there for my bike or myself !

So you see it may take me a bit of time before I sign up.

The list of vendors that carry anything for the Vmax is very short. If you really get Mod fever then your gonna have to get comfortable with the idea of internet shopping and using a paypal account.
I've used almost all of the major Vmax suppliers and don't have any complaints about any of them.
Holeshot
RMS Sportmax
UFO
Cycle-one off
Boxxenstopp
and quite a few Ebay purchases from whomever, just look at thier rating percentage and volume of business they have been doing. Most people that sell on Ebay for very long will kiss your ass to get a good rating from every customer. I usually get faster shipping from Ebay than "real" vendors.

I believe due to low production numbers there isn't a lot of demand for stuff for the Vmax, which is part of having a "Cult" bike that isn't really that popular in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
I gotta tell ya i was a member of our local freedom of the road riders organization for a bit. Mostly because all my friends belonged. It was a freaking joke no news letter ( supposed to be ONE per year). No group rides nothing. the only thing ours had was a local party called the spring fling. At least with this one i get 4 mags a year, MAGAZINES, not copy paper with a paragraph in b&w stating how great the organization is doing. The guy that does Vboost makes it look like a real off the stand magazine. Plus you get 10%-20% off of modds that can save you 100$ or more the first time you use it. And a neat vmax decal LOL. Sure 25$ is alot of "hard earned" money its at least a case of beer and ciggerattes .......:confused2: But at least it goes to the support of a dieing breed.... I guess it goes back to the .. if I gotta explain it you WONT get it. No harm meant and IMHO. :red ass:

I heard from steve when I accidentally tried to register this past weekend for the new VMOA Forum Site.
Well here's my side of the story....
a few weeks ago someone posted something in yahoo groups about the new buy swap board and how it was on the new VMOA Site. So when I went there all excited about signing up on the new board I registered for the new site. I overlooked the fact that it was posted that they weren't taking new registrations yet because the site wasn't ready. My bad...
Well then last week I got the new VBoost and in Steve's Discourse he printed in black & white, and I quote, "It is really important that you navigate your browser to http://www.v-max.com and go through the registration process When you type in your selected username you must add to it your VMOA member number, I.E. username: Redmax-322 (the username you select and the suffix of your membership # must be seperated by a dash (-) so your full username can have no empty spaces) You will not be granted "instant" access to the members area. Your registration will be checked by a director to make sure your membership is active, in other words we want to make sure your Dues are paid up! Once that is done you will receive a confirmation email with your registration approval. Once you are approved please log in to the site Look around inside the members area... at some time please click on the "Edit Account" link in the "User Menu" Please fill out as much info as you can... Do not worry this info is only available to other members..." end quote.
He goes on about how the site is a work in progress for quite some time. And how versatile and great it will be to have a forum, home page and swap board on all one VMOA site.
Well after all this I also got an email reply from my previous registration attempt saying I need to re-register with the new username-member# format.
So what do I do... I jump to the new site and click on register.
Come to find out, the member id will only accept 10 characters, that includes the -member number, so it won't let me register my 82ndCowboy, no biggie I say I'll use RAC82-4639. Well because I already attempted registration a couple of weeks ago the site won't let me re-register with my email address.
So I send an email to contact us on the new VMOA Site. Explaining my dilema.
Then that very same night I get and Email From Steve saying he'll look into the character limitations, and he wanted to know if I had read the site, and he said seing how I apparently hadn't he forwarded me the instructions on the site that state they are not takeing registrations right now.
This kinda tweaked my willy a bit. The nerve of him...
If he didn't want us registering he should have never put it in the VBoost and he should have never sent me an email advising me to re-register with the proper user name format.
Geeesh. Blame the little guy all the time!
Ok I'm done, sorry this is such a long rant! but I needed to vent.

82ndCowboy said:
I heard from steve when I accidentally tried to register this past weekend for the new VMOA Forum Site.
Well here's my side of the story....
a few weeks ago someone posted something in yahoo groups about the new buy swap board and how it was on the new VMOA Site. So when I went there all excited about signing up on the new board I registered for the new site. I overlooked the fact that it was posted that they weren't taking new registrations yet because the site wasn't ready. My bad...
Well then last week I got the new VBoost and in Steve's Discourse he printed in black & white, and I quote, "It is really important that you navigate your browser to http://www.v-max.com and go through the registration process When you type in your selected username you must add to it your VMOA member number, I.E. username: Redmax-322 (the username you select and the suffix of your membership # must be seperated by a dash (-) so your full username can have no empty spaces) You will not be granted "instant" access to the members area. Your registration will be checked by a director to make sure your membership is active, in other words we want to make sure your Dues are paid up! Once that is done you will receive a confirmation email with your registration approval. Once you are approved please log in to the site Look around inside the members area... at some time please click on the "Edit Account" link in the "User Menu" Please fill out as much info as you can... Do not worry this info is only available to other members..." end quote.
He goes on about how the site is a work in progress for quite some time. And how versatile and great it will be to have a forum, home page and swap board on all one VMOA site.
Well after all this I also got an email reply from my previous registration attempt saying I need to re-register with the new username-member# format.
So what do I do... I jump to the new site and click on register.
Come to find out, the member id will only accept 10 characters, that includes the -member number, so it won't let me register my 82ndCowboy, no biggie I say I'll use RAC82-4639. Well because I already attempted registration a couple of weeks ago the site won't let me re-register with my email address.
So I send an email to contact us on the new VMOA Site. Explaining my dilema.
Then that very same night I get and Email From Steve saying he'll look into the character limitations, and he wanted to know if I had read the site, and he said seing how I apparently hadn't he forwarded me the instructions on the site that state they are not takeing registrations right now.
This kinda tweaked my willy a bit. The nerve of him...
If he didn't want us registering he should have never put it in the VBoost and he should have never sent me an email advising me to re-register with the proper user name format.
Geeesh. Blame the little guy all the time!
Ok I'm done, sorry this is such a long rant! but I needed to vent.

Interesting... Steve never returned any of my emails when I asked him about either mentioning this forum (since there has always been an ad flogging the Yahoo groups) or even a price for an ad for this forum, but he never responded to my emails. I've noticed with this issue, that any mention of the Yahoo groups has disappeared.

Back