Velocity Stacks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also too.....what are the float levels? For best hp, the Vmax needs to be set up lean.....at 17 mm. Yamaha says 15-17 is ok...but 15 mm is actually rich, for the Vmax.

Dave's comment also tells me that your a bit rich.

I switched out the 175s for 165s and moved the needles and it ran like crap. I switched back to the suggested stage 7 set up and although it doesn't run quite as well as I know it could it definitely runs better than the leaner set up. I need to check float levels - I didn't do this on rebuilding the carbs and have been putting it off because I know it's rich (which means disassembling the carbs again to adjust them). I tried the jets and needles first because everyone on the forum says to run it lean - but for whatever reason it ran much worse like that. I'll have to keep messing with it until I get it right.

Well the float levels are super important because......you can have a super rich float, and so that will make you super rich everywhere else....so then you really have to go lean on the jetting....needles...everything, to make it run right, and the vice versa is true as well.

Believe me, when its running right, the Vmax is an AMAZING bike. Do you know how to set the dry float levels? http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1427

You can set them dry, and that does equate to a wet float level. 1.125 = 17 mm wet.

Back