Vmax missing at low RPM/idle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastatv

Reaction score
Seems like that low rpm idle problem is popping up alot in this now hot weather. I feel fairly sure that the problem on mine is the wires. Upon inspection, the wires were very badly corroded where they plug into the coils, and I was missing one of the grommets that hold the plug wire to the screw in coil cap. Anyway, going to replace all the wires and plug caps/boots. I'm not paying the small fortune that Yamaha wants for these, that's the reason for the post. I would like to have suggestions from a few of you guys in regards to what you have come up with for your replacements. All help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Ever consider COP's? Cheap, easy, generally trouble free. Eliminates several points of possible corrosion. Run a search, there's tons of info on them.

Ever consider COP's? Cheap, easy, generally trouble free. Eliminates several points of possible corrosion. Run a search, there's tons of info on them.

Thanks, I think I will do a search. I've heard them mentioned on here many times.

Latest posts

Back