VMOA meet in Paw Paw, MI - Who plans on being there?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sal98

Reaction score
VMOA meet in Paw Paw, MI this weekend.

"Sound off" if you plan on attending and when you will be there. I've never been to a Vmax meet and I hope to be there Saturday afternoon.

Scott

Hi Scott, this will be my first event also, I too will be getting there a bit late on Sat, I expect to hit town around 2:30pm or so, take my number and give me a shout....................Tom...........616-914-2693.

Same here, my first event too. I plan on leaving tomorrow afternoon, should be about a 3 hour drive. I'll have my cell 419-944-9104

Hi Scott, this will be my first event also, I too will be getting there a bit late on Sat, I expect to hit town around 2:30pm or so, take my number and give me a shout....................Tom...........616-914-2693.

Same here, my first event too. I plan on leaving tomorrow afternoon, should be about a 3 hour drive. I'll have my cell 419-944-9104

Numbers noted. Thanks.

My cell is 269-275-0520.

Scott

FYI side note: Don't know what route you're planning, but watch your speed westbound I-94 through Marshall/Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area. The staties have been on patrol since last weekend dinging the speeders.

Scott

The weather looks like it will be fab!!:clapping::clapping::

You all mean Three Rivers right?

O

Thanks for the info!

I was thinking of taking 94, but I'll probably head west out of Toledo on I-80 to Indiana and then head up to three rivers.

So far it's looking like good weather, are you going to be there ouchez?

The weather looks like it will be fab!!:clapping::clapping::

You all mean Three Rivers right?

O

I have no idea... :ummm::confused2: I thought it was Paw Paw. Where exactly is the meet going to take place? Anyone have a link to post with info?

Scott

Ahhh... so the location was moved from Paw Paw to Three Rivers. Thank you.

Glad you guys chimed in with the correct location. That would have sucked to be sitting there all by my lonesome in Paw Paw wondering where the hell everyone was. :ummm: :confused2: :biglaugh:

Scott

...............................Here is the schedule of events.....................................

Friday evening there will be a dinner ride leaving between 6:30-7:00 p.m. depending on how many people are just arriving and ready to go. It will be a 30-40 mile ride with a dinner stop a Paisano's bar & grill. Saturday morning if there is interest there will be a breakfast ride. The main ride will leave at 11:00 a.m. The route is about 150 miles long with a late lunch stop at the Black Hawk Bar & Grill in Richland MI before the half way point. There will be a Pizza buffet at Paisano's Bar & Grill around 7:00-8:00 p.m. after the ride. Depending on interest there will be breakfast.

New game plan for tomorrow, I will be leaving Holland Mi around 12:00 pm and making my way to Richland where I hope to catch up with the group at the lunch stop, I should be arriving at 1:15pm give or take depending on traffic and local law enforcement!.........................:biglaugh:..........................See everyone there!...............Tom.

New game plan for tomorrow, I will be leaving Holland Mi around 12:00 pm and making my way to Richland where I hope to catch up with the group at the lunch stop, I should be arriving at 1:15pm give or take depending on traffic and local law enforcement!.........................:biglaugh:..........................See everyone there!...............Tom.

I'm going to try to be in Richland at the same time you are. Give me a call if your plan changes and I'll do the same. If we miss the group we can still have lunch and ride down to Three Rivers together, if that's OK with you.

Scott

Look foreward to meeting you Scott!...................Got your number and will give you a hollar if anything changes..................Ride safe!..............Tom.

Look foreward to meeting you Scott!...................Got your number and will give you a hollar if anything changes..................Ride safe!..............Tom.

:coolgleamA: Back at ya. Should be a fun day. I hope to see a few gen2's there. Seriously thinking about a 2010 if I can get a "good" price on one. Maybe someone will let me ride it, too... probably not. :biglaugh:

Scott.

Ah Richland! My old stomping grounds! Some good riding going on M-43/M-89 out of Richland. Used to watch-out for the Ross Township police going on M-89 East towards Yorkville (south end of Gull Lake) /Battle Creek & around Gull Lake, lots of twisty roads there around the lake. We had our high school reunion at the Blackhawk, lots of fun.

There used to be a train from Chicago which made a stop at the south end of Gull Lake at what is called Yorkville, the rich residents would come this far into MI to get out of Chicago on the weekends, before WW II.

Serafino's Party Store on the square in Richland, Gull Rd., is run by friends of my family, they have a great stock of alcohol, plus a well-stocked deli, a big selection of whatever you might want, for after the riding day is done.

It's not too-far to the Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners, just north of Gull Lake, they have all kinds of events there in the summer. The family who owns it used to sponsor AJ Foyt when he was driving. http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/

Have fun riding, guys, and a safe time in my old neighborhood.

For those of you who don't know the area, here is a guide to the local 'wild'life:
Mattel recently announced the release of the improved limited-edition Barbie Dolls for the Michigan market:

"East Grand Rapids Barbie"
This princess Barbie is sold only in the Gas Light District. She comes with an assortment of Kate Spade Handbags, a Lexus SUV, a long-haired foreign dog named Honey and a cookie-cutter house. Available with or without tummy tuck and face lift. Workaholic Ken sold only in conjunction with the augmented version.

"Mattawan/Portage Barbie"
The modern day homemaker Barbie is available with Ford Wind star. Minivan and matching gym outfit. She gets lost easily and has no full-time occupation. Traffic jamming cell phone sold separately.

" Battle Creek Barbie"
This recently paroled Barbie comes with a 9mm handgun, a Ray Lewis knife, a Chevy with dark tinted windows, and a Meth Lab Kit. This model is only available after dark and must be paid for in cash (preferably small, untraceable bills) ..unless you are a cop, then we don't know what you are talking about.

"Richland/Gull Lake Barbie"
This yuppie Barbie comes with your choice of BMW convertible or Hummer H2. Included are her own Starbucks cup, credit card and country club membership. Also available for this set are Shallow Ken and Private School Skipper. You won't be able to afford any of them.

"Comstock Barbie"
This pale model comes dressed in her own Wrangler jeans two sizes too small, a NASCAR t-shirt and tweety bird tattoo on her shoulder. She has a six-pack of Bud light and a Hank Williams Jr. CD set. She can spit over 5 feet and kick mullet-haired Ken's butt when she is drunk. Purchase her pickup truck separately and get a confederate flag bumper sticker absolutely free.

" Delton Barbie"
This tobacco-chewing, brassy-haired Barbie has a pair of her own high-heeled sandals with one broken heel from the time she chased beer-gutted Ken out of Hickory Corners Barbie's trailer. Her ensemble includes low-rise acid-washed jeans, fake fingernails, and a see-through halter-top . Also available with a mobile home.

"Saugatuck Barbie"
This doll is made of actual tofu. She has long straight brown hair, arch-less feet, hairy armpits, no makeup and Birkenstocks with white socks. She prefers that you call her Willow . She does not want or need a Ken doll, but if you purchase two Suagatuck Barbie's and the optional Subaru wagon, you get a rainbow flag bumper sticker for free.

" Kalamazoo Barbie"
This Barbie now comes with a stroller and infant doll. Optional accessories include a GED and bus pass. Gangsta Ken and his 1979 Caddy were available, but are now very difficult to find since the addition of the infant.

You've got way too much time on your hands Medic Man!..............LOL.....................:biglaugh:

My friends who live just east of Gull Lake on acreage sent me that female geographic categorization and while they are stereotypes, they are believable especially if you are from the area. The Blackhawk has live bands at night & is a lot of fun.

Growing up in the are was interesting given the mood of the times-LBJ/Nixon. Now I look forward to visiting, still have lots of friends there. We rented a waterfront house at Gull Lake at the end of the summer a couple years ago and my grandkids loved it.

For the northern riding season there are many transportation-related events going on in MI which can be fun to ride to as long as the weather cooperates. Plotting a backroads trip is easy these days with GPS & electronic maps.

SW MI has lots of good riding & you can literally "ride to Hell & back" if you head towards Detroit, look it up on mapquest.

The next time you're planning a northern vacation, make sure you plan on strapping your Max to a trailer and bring it up with ya!................would be fun to meet and get some riding in with ya!.............................Tom.

Perfect weather for the weekend ride. It was nice connecting some names to faces and I enjoyed the ride. It was cool to see that many Vmaxes together ripping it up on the road.

Scott

Latest posts

Back