Waylander's first 1/4mile visit.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Well today is the day. Bike's all together and running like a dream, Took it for a good blat yesterday to clear any cobwebs from sitting in the garage/shop for a few month. Now is the time for the real deal.

A few mates will be hanging around with cameras (vid and still) so should get plenty of footage for y'all.

I'll post my top 5 times as well.

Well I'm fucked off.

Only got 4 practice runs in (2 at 13.2 and 14.2 and 14.5 in that order)
Then when it came time for the proper racing, when I got up to the line my bike died and I could not get it restarted till the end of the day when it was time to go home. But after just a short time riding it home a horrible tapping sound started to come from the rear of the motor.

So I guess it's going back to the shop this week.

Fortunately My mates did get my few runs on vid so as soon as I get that from them I'll share it on.

Well I'm fucked off.

Only got 4 practice runs in (2 at 13.2 and 14.2 and 14.5 in that order)
Then when it came time for the proper racing, when I got up to the line my bike died and I could not get it restarted till the end of the day when it was time to go home. But after just a short time riding it home a horrible tapping sound started to come from the rear of the motor.

So I guess it's going back to the shop this week.

Fortunately My mates did get my few runs on vid so as soon as I get that from them I'll share it on.

I would be too!

Sorry to hear this Waylander! Speed in getting him back on the road!

:cheers:

Neil

blown mustang doing 13.5's?

That's horrible, a stock motor GT without F/I with typical bolt ons and drag radials should run low 13's or high 12's.

How long is a quarter mile down in that part of the world?

Later

Rusty

Thats a shame my mustang runs high 12' s on street tires with no blower and I'd probably kill myself if I ran a 14 on my max .

blown mustang doing 13.5's?

That's horrible, a stock motor GT without F/I with typical bolt ons and drag radials should run low 13's or high 12's.

How long is a quarter mile down in that part of the world?

Later

Rusty
Dude hadn't figured out how to launch on the last yellow. I suspect if he did he'd be doing better times.

Thats a shame my mustang runs high 12' s on street tires with no blower and I'd probably kill myself if I ran a 14 on my max .
I'm more concerned with what damage was done to my bike than my crap times. I console myself with my reaction times though, fastest at the track.

your reaction time as absolutly nothing to do with your elapsed time (1/4 miles time). You can have two guys get green lights and one sit there for 2 seconds. The first guy can run 11 sec and the second guy can run 10 sec but the actual slower bike will cross the finish line first.

Most times a better reaction then your opponent will get you a head start that you would not have if you both left at the exact same time.

Now, what will make you faster is 60' times. Most people need improvement in that area.

On a side note. Our 92 LX 5.0 ran 15.50's bone stock and 14.40's with 6lb powerdyne supercharger. What is really killing me is the 2.xx whatever rear end. It takes it half track to get the thing spooled up.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back