What are they worth?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoMax

Reaction score
I have a set of scoops, front and rear fenders, air box cover and side panel from my '03. They are in excellent shape, and are matte black (stock). What are they worth individual, and as a package deal?

Tks guys

In excellent shape is different for everyone but on the assumption they are used with some wear and geograpgically, Alberta Canada is not a plus for US buyers. U.S. funds:
Scoops - $150/200
Airbox cover - $100/125
Side covers -$75/100
Front fender - $50/75
Rear fender - $75/100
Package deal brings less as people want a volume discount. Separate almost always brings better prices. Exception may be for a complete 2005 set, a 1994 yellow set, NOS sets, and personally I would pay more for 85 purple set. Flat black with flat silver stripe is easy enough to paint a donor set of tins. Maybe others see prices different where they are. Anybody see the set of 85 side covers go for $31 bucks on ebay? I came in second! How about the NOS 2005 rear wheel for $51? Again, I came in second.

In excellent shape is different for everyone but on the assumption they are used with some wear and geograpgically, Alberta Canada is not a plus for US buyers. U.S. funds:
Scoops - $150/200
Airbox cover - $100/125
Side covers -$75/100
Front fender - $50/75
Rear fender - $75/100
Package deal brings less as people want a volume discount. Separate almost always brings better prices. Exception may be for a complete 2005 set, a 1994 yellow set, NOS sets, and personally I would pay more for 85 purple set. Flat black with flat silver stripe is easy enough to paint a donor set of tins. Maybe others see prices different where they are. Anybody see the set of 85 side covers go for $31 bucks on ebay? I came in second! How about the NOS 2005 rear wheel for $51? Again, I came in second.

Second is first runner-up. :biglaugh:

To our CAN friend:
Don't expect to retire on your parts, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Wait long-enough, and you may find someone who is willing to pay more than succumbing to a low-ball offer. Desireability is also a big part of this. Not many people are looking for an airbox lid, most would want an entire airbox. The side scoops, perhaps a notch or two up the Desireability Ladder. Fenders may be a bit more-desireable, too. Now let's look at the 'Patmax' "Max(imum) pricing spreadsheet." Prices are 'per-pair' for the 'two-of' items, your grand total is: $600. Selling all your stuff at once to one person is not going to net you $600! I have bought entire titled bikes for < that. Realistically, if someone offered you $250-300 for everything, take the $ and run. Or, try to make 'Patmax's' prices work for you. I have bought either from here, or eBay, everything for much-less than I just quoted you; maybe not in N.O.S. shape, but entirely serviceable, and useable as-is, if you can use the color. Or, paint-to-match, which is probably what most people are going to do anyway.

You want to sit on them? Set the prices at what "Patmax" listed. You want sheckels crossing your sweaty palm? Price 'em to sell-cheaper, if you want to sell here. My two CU Lincoln profiles.

Don't think he is talking about the actual airbox lid but the painted cover that covers the entire airbox. I personally like the paint scheme on the 2003/2004's.

I sold a complete new 1994 bodywork set for $524 in 04/11. But that had all new parts including the emblems, moldings, under lid decals, etc. The moldings, decals, etc were still in the original Yamaha packages. It was my favorite stock color of all time but I needed to get rid of some of my extra stuff. Still have a bunch to sell. Have sold a lot to members of this site actually.

Ah, yes, you are right! It's the faux 'gas tank'/alrbox cover! Yes, those in N.O.S. condition can command a pretty-penny, ESP. if someone "needs" that year. I bought a used one awhile ago needing a repaint for $35. I have an entire spare set of fenders, side covers, air horns/scoops, & faux 'gas tank' along w/a rear pass. grab bar in 1-pc. "lowboy" style or a sissybar/2-pc. pass. grab bar, waiting to be refurbished into a color scheme of my choosing. Maybe I should send all the castings to "Patmax" for powder coating. I wanted to be able to easily change the look of my bike by swapping all those parts.

I appreciate the feed back, i feel those prices are close, but a bit on the conservative side. I'm just gaging off of ebay.

Hi Keith. Those prices are what I think someone in the US might pay for these parts. International shipping costs kills many a deal for me. Can you send one medium size box here for $30 bucks? Not to mention the time factor. One month not uncommon. If selling in Canada, you might do a bit better and the currency exchange works against you selling to your southern neighbors. I remember seeing M-cMan's set for sale and thinking, you'll never see a NOS collection in that color and that complete again. Actually I'm surprised it went so reasonably. Obviously you can't beat New Old Stock so clearly a used set will realize less interest and willingness to pay top dollar.
FireMedic felt I was overpriced and his observation that you can pick up a tin set on the cheap and have a brand new paint job in the color of one's choice for less is spot on. I hope you get top dollar but don't dismiss a reasonable offer. Good luck.

I think if you want to "Max-Out" on your $ then use eBay as a guide. If you want to sell on-here, we generally look to keep prices more-reasonable, so we can keep riding. Your choice.

Some people are perhaps looking for unblemished parts, then that may be the person you are seeking, as they probably know they will likely pay more $ for stuff in the best shape. I don't mind something that isn't 'perfect,' as-long as it's serviceable and safely useable. Moreso if it's something that can be refurbished to near-new shape/appearance.

The guys I like to deride are the ones who post an item like a smashed muffler, bent downtube, or fragged mechanical piece, and then ask "in-good-shape" prices for their piece of shXt. As they say on Sat. Night Live's "Nightly News Update," "Really?" Idiots.

I'll give you an example of a 'good deal' on here: I bought from one of our members a complete carb set w/Dynojet Stage 7 kit installed, shipped to me in FL for less than $300. They needed cleaning. He patiently answered all my questions and took plenty of pics before I bought them. Good luck getting someone on eBay to do that for you. Ever hear of a "pig in a poke?" In Latin, caveat emptor, by way of meaning. You see people trying to sell junk carb sets for $500 on eBay "because that's what I saw the 'other guy' ask!" Get it?

Latest posts

Back