What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed my new V Stax today and took her for a spin. Oh yeah and got some whistles from some cuties at a stop light. :coolgleamA:

I rode it to work, in the process I applied too much throttle at the stop sign and prematurely wore my rear tire down, Damn thats fun.

Rode mine to bike night last night and had a bunch of people looking it over.

Ran great! Pulled out on a road and it spun that 180mm ME880 without an issue...:clapping:

Doing 250 miles on Sunday so we'll see...

So far the seat Sean made for me ROCKS! SOOOOOOO much more comfy...:worthy:

Have done a few mods recently.

New 17" billet front rim and Metzeler 120/70 radial fitted to front.

New fork brace and lowering block from the U.K. to fit front guard to the new rim and tyre profile.

Larger radius cruiser style handlebar grips fitted today. Much better comfort levels, control and less hand fatigue.

I think the fatter grips suit the lowered look of the bike.

Reset tension on swing arm bearings and had a mandatory ride to nowhere in particular with the wife on back.

Attachments

• sept07b.jpg
    sept07b.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
today fine tuning all the work I did yesterday which was a biggie. Finally fitted a yzf 1000 front wheel to match the diversion wheel on the back.3 hours labour to line it all up and machine front spacers to suit.2 dramas [1] the new hub was 4mm wider and[2]getting the calipers modded so the wheel would spin freely.I have an digital speedo which I made a surround for and that now has warning lights and switches for headlight,spotlights and homemade tboost.it feellllls so good to get that successfully finished and no I don't have a digital camera to show some pictures .cheers kevman

Have done a few mods recently.

New 17" billet front rim and Metzeler 120/70 radial fitted to front.

New fork brace and lowering block from the U.K. to fit front guard to the new rim and tyre profile.

Larger radius cruiser style handlebar grips fitted today. Much better comfort levels, control and less hand fatigue.

I think the fatter grips suit the lowered look of the bike.

Reset tension on swing arm bearings and had a mandatory ride to nowhere in particular with the wife on back.

Veeeeeeery nice!!! :biglaugh:

Had to lower the front the other .5 for a total of 2" after changing the rear shocks to Progressive 12.5". Bike handles really welll like this. I think if I were to have gone with the 11.5" in the rear it would slow the steering and dropped it more than I like. The bike sits really low now. Even with a 30" inseam and stock seat I stand over it. Hoping to get rearsets but with them I don't think I'd want the seat any lower (would be weird looking, cruiser seat with rearsets?). If I don't get the rearsets I might try cruiser sets to put my feet comfortably forward and then lower the seat.

Rode mine to bike night last night and had a bunch of people looking it over.

Ran great! Pulled out on a road and it spun that 180mm ME880 without an issue...:clapping:

Doing 250 miles on Sunday so we'll see...

So far the seat Sean made for me ROCKS! SOOOOOOO much more comfy...:worthy:

Anything special done to get the 180mm to fit? I know the washer swap will accommodate a 170...

Bought plugs and wires, oil & filter, differential oil, SeaFoam, Panasonic LC-X1220P battery, waxed the beautiful burgundy paint and gave the other shiny stuff a mighty polish! :)

Funny thing about the new battery though.. I put it on the charger and after charging all day, disconnecting it overnight and charging it the next day, it still draws strong on the charger like it is either leaking or is not charging full at all...

-MNK

I bought a wrecked 85 with a 91 motor in it and started pulling it to pieces.the kaput list is front wheel,tyre,rotors,forks,guard,brace,headlight,throttle,radiator,frame,front exhausts,faux tank,scoops,lh caliper,handlebars,mirrors:hmmm:any ideas gentlemen trike?coffee table? anchor? or make a minimalist streetfighter using whatever bits and pieces I can afford?so any suggestions ? cheers kevman

We had SNOW at my house in the mountians above RENO.
The Global Warming is still on the upper mountains and Its still September.:confused2:
I recently purchased my season ski pass planning for a good winter:biglaugh:
Lew

I've added mini aluminum turn signals that were a pain in the ass

billetsignal4.jpg

billetsignal.jpg

I also added a brake light kit in the reflector. I like the kit, but it's really homemade. You could make your own for 10.00 and some time. The worst part was cutting the back from the reflector. I was trying to make sure I didn't F it up.

VMAXbrakelight.jpg

I've added mini aluminum turn signals that were a pain in the ass

billetsignal4.jpg

billetsignal.jpg

I also added a brake light kit in the reflector. I like the kit, but it's really homemade. You could make your own for 10.00 and some time. The worst part was cutting the back from the reflector. I was trying to make sure I didn't F it up.

VMAXbrakelight.jpg

I run these same lights too. I recommend that you put a washer under each screw that holds the socket into the light.I have had 6 or so of these crack the mounting tab right off the socket.The washer will spread the load.

Thanks for the tip, i'll add those.

also, PM sent with some questions.

regards..............Neal

I run these same lights too. I recommend that you put a washer under each screw that holds the socket into the light.I have had 6 or so of these crack the mounting tab right off the socket.The washer will spread the load.

I was also breaking off the tabs!

In hindsight I would paste a bit of JB weld on the tabs for reinforcement, before they break off. :confused2:

I won GSXR-750 Tokico front calipers on Ebay. :punk:

Mark

Adapters to convert my boots so I can shove 'em up your poop hole. :) lol

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back