What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its even funnier if you knew what we were talking about.Found the aluminum today.I'll make them tomorrow.

Put the winter gear on my baby.
Windshield and sissy-bar.
winter004Small.jpg

winter002Small.jpg

They come off as soon as spring hits! I hate a sissy-bar, but it's nice for carrying stuff.

Tracked down an oil leak that has been driving me nuts. :pullhair:

Clutch master cylinder turned out to be the source. Engine oil escaping through the push rod seals.

Ended up reconditioning the master cylinder, the slave cylinder and fitting a braided clutch line.

See how much trouble on oil leak can cause :ranting:

I mocked up a manual fan switch to install at some point. I'm sure I wont need it as we are entering winter, but it will be nice to have next summer. I saw a few different plans for building a harness for this, but I changed a few things so you can basically "unplug" the manual switch and everything goes back to stock.

Attachments

• P1010107.jpg
    P1010107.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 27
  • P1010106.jpg
    P1010106.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 31
  • P1010105.jpg
    P1010105.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 29
I mocked up a manual fan switch to install at some point. I'm sure I wont need it as we are entering winter, but it will be nice to have next summer. I saw a few different plans for building a harness for this, but I changed a few things so you can basically "unplug" the manual switch and everything goes back to stock.

A little dielectric grease goes a long way...:whistlin:

I soldered mine. Never saw a need to go back to stock. I think it's a plus to have it so any new owner should be happy to have it installed.:thumbs up:

bought my first vmax today, full power of course, not the rubbish european spec. thought i would join the forum and say hi. first impressions are as expected, awesome power, interesting handling. but if i wanted a bike that handled i would have bought one. loking forward to getting some serious miles done on it. yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

bought my first vmax today, full power of course, not the rubbish european spec. thought i would join the forum and say hi. first impressions are as expected, awesome power, interesting handling. but if i wanted a bike that handled i would have bought one. loking forward to getting some serious miles done on it. yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome M8!

Lots of great info here. If you can't find it ask and you shall receive! :thumbs up:

Parked mine till spring... Their both bundled up tight in my parents basement. Oil changed to Shell Rotella 5W40 Synthetic...:thumbs up: Battery tenders hooked up and Seafoam in the tanks...

Mine wasn't running the best since I replaced stg 7 needles with stockers. So, went back and re-jetted the mains. Opened up the float bowls to check for cleanliness and went for a ride....woo-hoo! He's ready for the 2nd part of the riding season.

Mark

man 89 you and a few other guys whip these carbs out change jets parts like your going to the store for milk..wish you lived close to me id keep ya busy doing some general basic stuff...all i did today was go for coffee and some 1st gear power wheelies no clutch...staying away from the clutch wheelies that 12 oclock shit scares the shit out of me

man 89 you and a few other guys whip these carbs out change jets parts like your going to the store for milk..wish you lived close to me id keep ya busy doing some general basic stuff...all i did today was go for coffee and some 1st gear power wheelies no clutch...staying away from the clutch wheelies that 12 oclock shit scares the shit out of me

That's why he's our resident carb expert here...:thumbs up:

I'm hoping to make it down to Topeka (read I WILL) so that I can go with Sean Morley's stage 7 and have them help me tune it in...:thumbs up: Hopefully they will be up for that...:whistlin:

lol, it gets easier as you do it more and more.

Topeka will be fun.

Mark

I also rode to work today, weather was perfect this morning. As JayHawk mentioned it's hot in Dallas and I am not looking forward to the commute home this afternoon.

-Allen
changed fork seals yesterday had to trim them down to thick woork good now twink

wha t is seafoam is it petrol saver type stuf twink uk

Last edited:
today i started the beast..first time in three weeks. been pretty cold last two.....added some stabil never used any gas treatment on all the other bikes i owned always drained carbs...took the advise of long time max owners of leaving gas in carb with Stable...So thats what i did today..now i need a nap

Got up at 4 am and rode to work.

Rode the piss out of it down I-10 hitting 135mph at one time.

It's been hitting mid to high 70's again this week here in the Houston area.

miss riding already only been 3 weeks.....fast question..after i removed the plastic cover over the rear cylinder..will the heat affect any of those parts under the seat between the frame...looks like some filter and some other round thing looks like it works off vacuum....

Nah, I took mine off. It really cleans up the look. Since you're running stock exhaust the rear header heat shields will help. That little cylinder is the fuel tank tip-over valve. If your bike tips over this prevents fuel from spilling out from the tank vent hose.

Mark

Nah, I took mine off. It really cleans up the look. Since you're running stock exhaust the rear header heat shields will help. That little cylinder is the fuel tank tip-over valve. If your bike tips over this prevents fuel from spilling out from the tank vent hose.

Mark
thanks mark...hows the little guy doing....first big step will be when he starts sleeps through the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back