What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also learned, if anyone cares, the oil light comes on at about 300-400 ml in the oil pan. left the bike on (but obviously not running) when filling her up and that roughly when the light went off

oh and i forgot to mention, scratched my faux tank.. fucking A! i had my tank bag on (magnetic) and after the ride grabbed it. there was some debris or metal or something stuck to the magnets and instead of lifting it off i slid it off... some shitty scratches on it. didn't go down to metal tho, anyone use anything to fix that type thing??:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

also learned, if anyone cares, the oil light comes on at about 300-400 ml in the oil pan. left the bike on (but obviously not running) when filling her up and that roughly when the light went off

oh and i forgot to mention, scratched my faux tank.. fucking A! i had my tank bag on (magnetic) and after the ride grabbed it. there was some debris or metal or something stuck to the magnets and instead of lifting it off i slid it off... some shitty scratches on it. didn't go down to metal tho, anyone use anything to fix that type thing??:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

On a flat black bike... You're pretty well screwed... You can't polish it out because it'll put a shine on the paint.

Here's what I did to mine... 2.5 hours of polishing with my D/A and sanding with 2000 and 3000 grit paper and here's the result. I have more polishing to do tonight.

Attachments

• 100_0580.jpg
    100_0580.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0581.jpg
    100_0581.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 15
The cure is an empty wallet.LOL>:rofl_200::rofl_200::ummm:
<<Dave>>

The "cure" is secreted by that which is known as a succubus?
Cunning little tarts they are. They will draw you in slowly with their song and pray upon your weaknesses. Beware! Because the succubus is often exponentially more expensive than the mod monkey. Especially when you try to separate yourself from the succubus. And often the succubus will infect you with a life long expense known as rug rats, which will most likely hinder you from truly enjoying your VMAX for THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

We?re keeping the Vmax in Colorado this summer, spending 3 wks there then a couple of week?s home, then back to CO.

Unbelievable story: :ummm:
Does this qualify as a "dropped it"?

Wind blowing 50+MPH

Late last week the wind started blowing and blowing etc!!
So we retreated to the 5th wheel.

Late in the day I went out and found the max UPSIDE DOWN :surprise: (I keep a tarp on it when we?re there, and in a storage building when gone).
Evidently the tarp acted like a sail and helped the wind BLOW IT OVER, the kick stand was pointed INTO the wind.

Cracked and scratched the front fender :bang head:.

ab

tried to sync trhe carbs yesterday. got it closer but still not right. even at 1000 rpms it has a irregular idle. would running seam foam in this tank cause it to be hard to sync?

We?re keeping the Vmax in Colorado this summer, spending 3 wks there then a couple of week?s home, then back to CO.

Unbelievable story: :ummm:
Does this qualify as a "dropped it"?

Wind blowing 50+MPH

Late last week the wind started blowing and blowing etc!!
So we retreated to the 5th wheel.

Late in the day I went out and found the max UPSIDE DOWN :surprise: (I keep a tarp on it when we?re there, and in a storage building when gone).
Evidently the tarp acted like a sail and helped the wind BLOW IT OVER, the kick stand was pointed INTO the wind.

Cracked and scratched the front fender :bang head:.

ab

I've had that happen too.
I'm now in the habit of putting it on the center stand all the time when leaving the bike un-attended.

tried to sync trhe carbs yesterday. got it closer but still not right. even at 1000 rpms it has a irregular idle. would running seam foam in this tank cause it to be hard to sync?

No... Did you try adjusting the idle screws? You may want to make sure they're all adjusted the same.

I like to crank my idle up a bit when syncing.

Chris

i only knew of one idle screw.... or do yo u mean idle air mixture? dont get me wrong im not complaining. the guy who helped me was awesome and it runs better. it just has room for improvement. still sounds like it has a lopey cam at idle

It should! It's supposed to sound that way man... It's all good! The firing order is odd so it makes it sound like it misses a beat every so often...

Chris

That makes me feel better then. so now i guess i just need to find out why it runs so anemic when in vboost range

I got my new mirrors installed. This time without breaking a sleeve. Oberon got me my new 18mm sleeves pretty quick.

web.jpg

So far they're not too bad. I'm no longer trying to duck down to look in the mirror, but they could be a little larger. I do love the look though.

I got my new mirrors installed. This time without breaking a sleeve. Oberon got me my new 18mm sleeves pretty quick.

web.jpg

I guess it's a personal preference But I do not like the look of the mirrors on the end of the grips ...Just me.. Although I bet you can see much better.

i like 'em. sorry bro work blocked your image for some reason, looks good now i'm @ home

I spent most the day testing and clearing up the problems in the harness and switches so when I did the test for amperage draw from the battery, the multi meter said .000 but, although I have 14.63 volts at the regulator,
when I put the meter to the battery I only have 12.03 volts.:confused2::ummm::bang head::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry:
so I guess thatvoltage just isn`t being pushed to the battery.
Sounds like it`s time for a new or used stator.:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:
<<Dave>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back