What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some work on the Shadowmax this weekend. Put the Ricor Intiminators in the front forks and a R1 front rotor on the back wheel with Jedi's rotor adapter.

Mike

wh/cans are those? also how much are jedi's adapters going for? i was looking at a drilled ebc pro lite rotor but those look nice too!

Decided I wanted rear running lights as well as front ones so I took the 2 pole 3 wire whip out of the wrecked front directionals and installed them in the rear directional housings of Sallymax.

Better living thru increased visibility! :eusa_dance:

Do you realize that in almost every state it's illegal to have amber running lights on the rear?? You can change out the bulbs to red bulbs with clear lenses and you will be legal that way.

Sean

Packin' it up for a 600 mile round trip to beautiful St. George, Utah. Work is sending me down for training on a new clinical app. we will be installing in our hospital this fall.

I'll take pics and post later.

DS

Just finished up installing pcv with the new map for the x-pipe i am running,pretty simple install,raining here so no time to feel the difference on a test ride.:eusa_dance:

I've never understood the reason of making the back brake bigger. Is it for bling? I wanted lighter so I went with a Galfer wave rotor for 115 bucks which netted me a 1lb weight loss and IMO a better than stock look. The thing has entirely to much power as it stands so I can't see making it even stronger with a larger rotor.

I've never understood the reason of making the back brake bigger. Is it for bling? I wanted lighter so I went with a Galfer wave rotor for 115 bucks which netted me a 1lb weight loss and IMO a better than stock look. The thing has entirely to much power as it stands so I can't see making it even stronger with a larger rotor.
One thing I noticed since I installed a larger rotor on the rear is that the rear isn't locking up. I think it is because the rotor is larger it takes more to lock it up b/c of the larger size. I made the change mostly to have the better looks of the slotted rotor but it seems to help the lockup problem.
I not sure of the technical reasons, it must be harder for the pad to clamp down on the rotor b/c of more torque/ centrifugal force/ whatever....:confused2:

First, I rode it and stopped to take this pic.

70000.jpg

Barry also made a bracket for my Venture R/R.

VentureR-R2Large.jpg

VentureR-R3Large.jpg

VentureR-RLarge.jpg

Do you realize that in almost every state it's illegal to have amber running lights on the rear?? You can change out the bulbs to red bulbs with clear lenses and you will be legal that way.

Sean

I wondered about that Sean, but didn't know which would be illegal....amber running lights or red signal lights. Figured one of them had to be unnacceptable!!

Thanks, I'll pick up some red bulbs before 'the man' grabs me. :biglaugh:

A lot of Hardleys run red rear indicators... Some of them actually don't have a dedicated tail lamp and use the indicators for both...

Chris

Well, well...I just called my inspection guy and he said the amber running lights are OK.

Not being one to completely trust anyone, I then called the local NYS Police substation and, amazingly, they agreed. The tail light must be red, signals and running lights can be amber.

gave her a good cleanin....and blinged out my license plate. cost me a whoppin 10 bux:rofl_200::punk:.

Attachments

• bling 002.jpg
    bling 002.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 21
  • bling 001.jpg
    bling 001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 23

Did it for three reasons, first the stock one looks like crap IMO, plus I warped it anyways - second wanted it to closely match the front ones - third, was to put on something a little more custom one off piece (Jedi bracket) - I like to be different. Oh ya and the brake doesn't seem to lock up as easily.

Mike

Well since i am nominated for the bling award i guess i better post what i just did,installed new antifreeze bottle and cap and new frame neck covers on the 02.They were just a little to rugged for my liking.:eusa_dance:

Finallllly got a decent day to ride so I thought that I would take it out for a ride and lo and behold the F@#*en battery was dead :bang head: (hadn`t ridden it since Bob came over) so, once again I was forced into driving to run my errands.:damn angry:
Is the bike supposed to be impossible to push start when the engine is cold ??(that damn clutch is stiff):confused2:
<<Dave>>

Finallllly got a decent day to ride so I thought that I would take it out for a ride and lo and behold the F@#*en battery was dead :bang head: (hadn`t ridden it since Bob came over) so, once again I was forced into driving to run my errands.:damn angry:
Is the bike supposed to be impossible to push start when the engine is cold ??(that damn clutch is stiff):confused2:
<<Dave>>

If a bike sits for awhile, sometimes just overnight, the clutch plates will stick together making it very difficult to 'bump start.'

Might be time for an Odyssey PC680, Dave. :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back