What tires for a 2G?! Help!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxRider85

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a gen 2 finally !!!!!! Love it ow I have the red 85 and a red 2010 guy needed to get out from under the loan i picked it up for 13,400... With 4500 miles on it .. But the only thing that it needs are tires and I'm not sure what to put on it . I was looking at the stock tires that are on it or the metzler marathons I'm in love with the 2gen. Called the guy Monday came out Thursday to look at went back Friday and picked it up ... It has a chip in the bike an after market cat ackapovic and some nice black titanium exhaust tips .. Which all got thrown in with the sale I'm super excited but I need to know what tires to put on because I only have a few days on my temp inspection and it won't pass with the tires .. PM me ...

Mike

I'm kinda partial to the Shinko verge myself...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Im putting a new tire on mine next week:biglaugh:, I went with stock,it was the least expensive( list @ dealer was $296 my cost 157) and will still match the front, the rear seems to ware a little more then the front:confused2:

I'm thinking the metzlers are they good !!? I have them on my 1st gen I just don't want it to handle weird

I'm thinking the metzlers are they good !!? I have them on my 1st gen I just don't want it to handle weird

Metzlers are good tires as well.....a lot more money though.

The Shinkos are more sport riding oriented....and look better IMO if that even means anything to you.

My vote goes to the Avon Cobra! I love mine and mileage out of them is outstanding!! However if handling was most important (twisties) I would side with itgoes. The Shinko tires are a great value for the money...:worthy:

Well I think I'm going to go with the metzlers buddy works at a dealer can get me them for cost !! And throw him a 20 and they get mounted !!!

Latest posts

Back