What wasn’t the original gen 2 prototype motor called?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a rumor. First engine was way too powerful. First built was called Frankenmax. Was displayed at a few shows. Engine was too big for the frame. It was scrapped. Now, I think this is the same motor called the "Otadama". I'm trying to find the info. I remember it was made around 1999. But I do remember something stupid at 300HP because it was 2400cc's. I'm confident that my memory still serves me. It was put in a massive frame. They kept snapping drive shafts. Then the lead engineer (Nakaaki) began development of a new engine predicated on a base 1600cc. After further testing, it was punched out to 1679. Then they added YCCI to get the surging feeling during acceleration like Vboost.

I never said it was a rumor. Most of what you're saying is correct.

There was an engine that was scrapped - it made to much power and it couldn't be packaged small enough to be practical in a proper street bike frame. It was displayed at the 1999 Tokyo motorcycle show.

The new engine was smaller and the made a little bigger....

I also know that the current engine was supposed to have variable valve timing but that was scrapped late in development.

max1.jpg
max2.jpg

I was going to say... "Its not a toomah". I got side tracked with work.

Almost all correct? :confused:

I bet engineers didn't destroy that motor. I think they buried it somewhere......

Back