Who's got a black Marks 4-2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazwell

Reaction score
I am looking for pictures/opinions on the black Marks system.
I have seen a couple of pictures of FootNotes system, and he has black cans which look OK.
I wonder if there are any more pics of fully black systems, and has anyone had one for a while that can tell me how they look after a while.

The biggest drawback to the Marks system is the cans are not good looking. So I'm contemplating full black because that might look OK.

Do you think that getting the muffler body chromed would look any good?

I'm almost ready to ring Mark and order a system. :biglaugh:

I had all black Mark's on an '06, then got an s/s set for the '99 and mixed & matched attached pic is the result....found that the pipes will turn a slight brownish color, not ugly really, but not the deep black they were when they came. As you can see from the pic, the difference isn't much.

I wouldn't bother spending money on chroming the cans if I were you....just get some Mothers or Wenol and the aluminum cans will polish up nice & shiny. I'm would think Mark would sell alum. cans with black pipes if you asked him.

Attachments

• 100_2051.jpg
    100_2051.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 45
Mark does a polished can, but like Danny mentioned his stock can polishes up nice. If you are going to enter the bike in shows and the like, probably go with chrome cans but also with the SS pipes since they are really easy to keep nice looking. I like the look of the cans painted black as well.
On a side note, I emailed Mark with a question regarding his endcaps. It took him almost 3 weeks to respond, but he did respond and answered my question. He only has the straight or turndowns for options on his endcaps, I was hoping I could bolt on some of his Gen2 billet endcaps on my system.

My Marks were on my bike when I bought it over a year ago but I've put almost 5,000 miles on them and they still look good. I did touch up the two front cylinder headers with some high temp flat black this past summer to clean them up. Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1204.jpg
    IMG_1204.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg