wierd driveability concern

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
I am thinking this is an electrical issue. Last night on my way home which is about a 15 mile ride, I got about 14.5 miles and turned into my neighborhood and when I went to accelerate after the turn the bike had no
power and started backfiring out the exhaust, I pulled over and the bike would barely idle and the tack was just bouncing off the needly and only
going to about 1k rpm and then back off the needle, it would not rev up and if I tried it would backfire and nearly die, I shut if off and sat there for about 20minutes then the bike fired back up and ran normally the rest of the way home, I will dig into this next week when I am on break from school but I would like to accumulate some ideas of were to begin my search.

Thanks guys
Richard

I am thinking this is an electrical issue. Last night on my way home which is about a 15 mile ride, I got about 14.5 miles and turned into my neighborhood and when I went to accelerate after the turn the bike had no
power and started backfiring out the exhaust, I pulled over and the bike would barely idle and the tack was just bouncing off the needly and only
going to about 1k rpm and then back off the needle, it would not rev up and if I tried it would backfire and nearly die, I shut if off and sat there for about 20minutes then the bike fired back up and ran normally the rest of the way home, I will dig into this next week when I am on break from school but I would like to accumulate some ideas of were to begin my search.

Thanks guys
Richard
Check the simple things first. Such as the gas filter. I found out myself this past winter just how quickly they can clog up. Miles

Have you washed it recently? Sounds moisture related if you ask me. Of course it could be the fuel breather is clogged or crimped shut.

Chris

I have not washed it lately, the bike has actually been sitting for about a month due to some medical issues, i kept a battery charger on it, I will replace the fuel filter.

Back